Monday, August 9, 2010

Bear Lake

The Neibaur family reunion was held in Bear Lake the last weekend of July this year. A big thanks to my Aunt Kathey for planing everything, we had fun. Friday morning we loaded up all of our things and headed out through Wyoming for Bear Lake. We had never been this way before, but it was really beautiful. It was very hot and had some really steep roads. There were a few times that we worried about our car because it was not acting like it was going to make it. We were on the road up to our camp site when it happened. The car just stopped. There was not even a place to pull off the side of the road and no cell phone service. Jeremy took a look and I said a silent prayer. All I could think was just try to start it one more time. We did and it started right up. No problems for the rest of the trip.

After setting up our tent. (Side note: We forgot our air mattress and foam pads. I was worried about how I would do on the bumpy ground being 33 weeks pregnant, but I was fine. We also forgot a jacket for Ethan. Good thing it was so warm.) We drove down to the marina for a family dutch oven cook off dinner. It was very yummy (My parents made the best cheesy rolls in the dutch oven) and nice to see so many of many family members.

The next morning we thought we would go to the Minnetonka Cave just up the road from our camp site before heading down to the beach, but there was already a long wait. We did get this family picture that shows were we camped thought.
Mom, Dad, Ethan, Tami, Heather, Jeremy and Kyle

It was a very hot day, but the water was also very cold. Ethan wanted nothing to do with it. Tami did take him out, but for most of the morning he sat on my dads lap, or played on a blanket with the sand.
Tami and Ethan

Ethan and his Grandpa Avery

I was quite a baby about the cold water and did not want to put my head under because of how cold it was, but Jeremy swam out to the booey that tells the boats it is getting to shallow.

After lunch we were all feeling hot and tired, but went back to the water. I am so glad we did because for what ever reason Ethan decided he wanted to play in the water. He was so cute and would take handfuls of sand to show my parents.
We finally had to leave to go back home, but we enjoyed seeing family (11 our of 13 of my moms brothers and sisters were there for at lest part of the reunion and many of my cousins, as well as my grandparents) and playing at the beach.

On the way home we stopped to use the restroom and grab something to eat. I am so spacey that I left my purse. It is a good thing my parents live close to were I left it and got it for me.



1 comment:

Shelley Patterson said...

It look like you guys have had a lot of fun vacations this summer. It's a good thing you're getting them all in before this little baby comes. And I'm glad you're surviving all the fun while being pregnant.