I don't have pictures of my birthday, and it kind of seems silly to write about your own birthday, but I am going to anyway. First off I just want to say I have no idea what happened, there is no way I could be twenty-six! Then I look at my wonderful husband of six years, our two energetic and lovable boys, and our home and I know it must be true. I did in fact turn twenty-six years old on May 20th, 2011.
My birthday fell on a Friday this year. It started with an early morning phone call from my parents and brother Kyle to sing me happy birthday. What a nice way to start the day.(Okay, technically it started at 12 midnight when my siter Tami wished me a happy birthday, because we were still up talking.) Jeremy took the day off to help me with some things around the house. I know what you are thinking "This does not sound like a good birthday. Working around the house." but it was. Really I only did things around the house because Jeremy was nice enough to take care of everything while I chatted the morning away with Tami. I really appreciate him taking the time to help me. That night Jeremy's parents Neil and Shelley came to spend the night with us to watch our boys while we went to opening day of Pirates of the Caribean: Stranger Tides. I thought it was good. Not as good as the first Pirates movie, but still really good. Then we ran a few errands and went home. I opened my birthday gifts. Thank you everyone. I got one last birthday call from my brother Jakob and sister-in-law Angie who are living in Nebraska this summer. It was nice to talk to them.
The next day still felt like my birthday because Neil and Shelley stayed and watched our boys while we went to the temple then out to lunch. Two dates in two days. I must be dreaming. After getting home from the temple. Neil and Shelley had to leave and we headed to the Ririe cemetery to clean up before memorial day as a ward service project. This was followed by a ward BBQ. We ended the day with brithday cake. I may not love getting older, but I do like getting spoiled.
11 years ago


2 comments:
I'm glad you had a good birthday. And as far as cleaning up around the house, if Grant helps me with it, it's like a gift to me as well. I love cleaning and organizing and having Grant help is wonderful.
Happy Bday!! LOL, we saw the Pirates movie for my Bday too...I agree, I loved it, but still really missed the story line of the old stuff...Enjoy every year :)
Post a Comment