Friday, September 2, 2011

Tami and Jayson's Wedding

My little sister got married August 20, 2011 to Jayson Nielsen for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. 

The night before the wedding we had a dinner for family and friends in Arimo. The food was really good, (Dutch oven, need I say more).  Then we drove down to Salt Lake. The hotel I reserved for us, my siblings, parents, Grandma Avery, and Aunt and Uncle was in the middle of a construction zone. We did not even know how to get in. It seemed like it was all blocked off. Once we got there, it was okay. Jeremy and I went for a late night swim in the pool while everyone else talked and played with the boys on the lawn. James is usually such a good sleeper, but that night he would not stop crying. I took him out side, so everyone would not be awake. He would almost fall asleep then start crying again. Jeremy can out to check on us, and locked himself out, so he had to go get another key. I feed him and rocked him and finally put him in the car and drove him around the parking lot until he fell asleep and then we were good. The bad thing was this was around 1:00 a .m.

Bright and early Saturday morning we made our way to the temple. Thank you to my cousins Brooke, Samantha, Alissa, and Adrianna for watching my boys and taking such good care of them. The sealing was nice, and brings back memories for us as they were sealed in the same room as Jeremy and I (2B). The sealer even made a comment about their kiss. (I think he said "Is that it?") At Jeremy and my sealing he said "That was not very good, (or long)." Something like that.   We did not get to many photos, (cant wait to see the real photos of the day). We were taping for their wedding video. (I still need to working on fixing their video. Some how it was cutting a few of the heads off in their child hood photos. The funny thing is that before going to the wedding it was not, but I must have done something to it to change the setting.) Besides being supper hot it was a really nice day. 
The new Mr. and Mrs. Nielsen

Ethan loves his Aunt Tami, and I am not sure he really wants to share here with his new Uncle Jayson.


Kyle, Jakob, Jayson, Tami and I. (Tallest to shortest? I think Tami and I are about the same height it just depends on the shoes. Jakob and Jayson are about the same also, but Kyle is defiantly the tallest.  Kyle likes to be in photos with Jeremy, because Jeremy is only a few inches shorter than Kyle.)

The Happy Couple

Waiting

So beautiful! The temple and the couple
It is always a challenge to get kids to look at the camera, but not to bad. 
Tami and Jayson just before the reception started.

The Cake
The reception was very nice in my Grandma Avery's yard. The wind did come up and we had to take down the Japanese Lanterns at the very beginning. The lights in the bushes did not work until after the reception, but other than that things went well. Lots of people came to support them, and show their love.

1 comment:

Shelley Patterson said...

I didn't realize that Tami and Jayson were dating. I had to look at their wedding announcement online to make sure it was the right Jayson I was thinking of. That is so great!