We had a very nice Thanksgiving this year.
We started our Thanksgiving weekend on Wednesday by baking pumpkin and apple pie. Then we drove down to Pocatello Wednesday night. Jeremy's parents we nice enough to watch our kids while Jeremy and I went to "Catching Fire" with his sisters Mandi and Michele and his brother-in-law Brandon. We really liked the movie!
Thursday we enjoyed a Thanksgiving dinner, games and a warm day at Jeremy's sister Michele's house. We were able to share the things that we were thankful for this year. We have been so blessed and the list of things we have been blessed with is very long. On the top of the list is of course family, the gospel of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints, Good Health, and of course the wonderful trips we took to Nauvoo and Hawaii. The boys gave thanks for their dog Cowboy, cousins and toys. It was a little quite this year with his sister Wendy's family being gone, but it was nice to see Ethan and James play with their cousins Libby and Brielle more than they usually do.
Jeremy got up early to help his dad with some black Friday shopping then we continued with more games at Jeremy's parents house until lunch time. We are always sad to go, but excited to see family in Lava. My Uncle Norman and his family were still visiting at my Grandma Avery's. Ethan loves my cousin Preston! Tami and Jayson also came to Lava. We enjoyed visiting and took a Christmas Wreath up to the cemetery for my mom. (I really miss her during the holidays. She really made them perfect, and her food was always the best.)
Saturday morning we headed out to find our Christmas Tree with Tami and Jayson. I love the time spend as a family doing this. Yes it is a lot of work for us to take three kids up into the mountains, but I hope they have good memories from doing that.Our kids did really well this year. It helped that after finding the tree they were able to sled all the way down the hill to the van.
Then it was time for lunch. Tami and Jayson were already there, and Kyle and Shantelle joined us for soup, bread bowls, salad and more pie. Then we played lots of games.
11 years ago


2 comments:
I'm impressed that you have kept your tradition of cutting down your own Christmas tree. The pictures are great and even the kids are happy. I was thinking that this year's weather would be better for you guys to get your tree. I enjoyed the part of Thanksgiving that I got to spend with you and your family.
it looks like the kids had fun. I love seeing kids bundled up in their snow suits--its always so cute!
Post a Comment