I through my sister Tami a storybook baby shower for her first little baby boy that should be here sometime mid April. Usually I love planning these kind of things, but I do have to say it was a little more stressful this time because Gavin was not even a month old yet and getting things ready for the party with a new born and three other kids is hard. The other big thing was driving three hours down to South Ogden and three hours back in the same day really had me worried. I had no idea how Gavin would do, but he was great.
I drove down with my sister in law Shantelle and her little girl Brooklyn. We had a wonderful talk and as we got close to Ogden Shantelle told me that she knew how to get to Tami's if we went the way that goes by her grandmas. No problem, but not the way I had ever gone. We were just talking and I started to wonder if we were going the wrong way, but did not want to say something because I was not sure. Jeremy called to see if we had made it and I told him no, I was not sure where we were. That is when Shantelle said she though she had missed the turn. We had indeed missed the turn and drove up the canyon, and not just a little bit up the canyon. Way up the canyon. I called Tami and asked her to go over to the church and give the keys to the church to my cousins Shelby and Chelsea who were coming to help set up. I text Shelby and asked her to set up tables and chairs and told her we would be there soon. About five minutes before we got to the church Gavin started screaming. Stressful!
We got there half an hour before the shower was suppose to start. I had to feed Gavin, so I sat down and feed him and instructed people on what to do. Good thing I (with Jeremy's help) made a lot of the decorations before. Jayson's family showed up a little early and also helped. It was not exactly how I would have down it, but it was still cute for how short of time we had to do things and not really doing any of it myself.
We started out with introductions (Tami had a lot of people come. I was impressed. I should have waited to take pictures because I missed lots of people.) and got right into a story book quote quiz. Then Shantelle had us make an advice book with pages that looked like dress shirts. We wrote our advice on the shirt and then attached little bow ties to them that we made for the new little man to wear. While we finished those we ate: The Very Hungry Caterpillar Fruit Salad, Blueberry's for Sal cheese cake, Peter Rabbits Vegetable Garden Tray and If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Chocolate Chip Cookies and Jake and Jill Water. Thanks to Jayson's family for bringing the vegetable try, dip and cookies.
Then it was time for gifts. Tami got so many fun books (story book baby shower, with books instead of cards) and lots of nice things. (Did I mention lots of people came. The picture below only shoes a few of the people that were there before we started the shower. There were more people at other tables and more came latter. I just did not include pictures of them, or missed taking their picture all together.)
We cleaned up and started the long drive home. Gavin was good until Shelley then started getting fussy and was very ready to be home, and so was I. I am glad I was able to do this for Tami (With lots of help), but it was a long day for this mommy.


1 comment:
Wow, looks great! I wish I could have went, looks like so much fun. Cute ideas! Glad it went so well. I dont know how you do it all. What an amazing sister and pro mom you are. Hats off to ya!
Ii gave my gift to my mom a long time ago, but she wasn't able to attend either. Somehow we will get it to Tami
Post a Comment