Our ward had a fill the temple day. I did not think there was anyway we would be able to go to the temple. Even to walk around the temple. Jeremy has been very busy with work and the kids have activities. Plus it was Homecoming week. Jeremy was encouraging and we made it happen.
We got everything ready and prepped the kids to get up and get themselves started getting themselves ready for school. We woke up and drove to the Idaho Falls temple to do sealing at 6:30 am. From there Jeremy went to work and I called the kids to make sure everyone was away and moving. They were doing good and James was just leaving when I pulled onto our road so that he could be there early to be the crossing guard. I put a few finishing touches on the other kids for their Homecoming dress up days then ran them to school and got ready to make it to exercise group.
It is a lot of work to make it happen, but I love starting the day in the temple and I am glad we did it.
After school the kids and I drove to the Rexburg temple, so they could walk around the temple and participate in the fill the temple day before we needed to get the boys back to their football practice. I would be lying if I said this one went well, but I hope they see us trying to be obedient. This trip everyone seemed grumpy and fought with each other. This is real life.
We could not find a opening to take Ethan and James to do baptisms for the dead on our fill the temple day, so we took them the next day to the Idaho Falls temple during Jeremys lunch break. The kids had a day off from school. This was a really nice temple trip with our boys. 
I hope our kids will feel the spirit of the temple and want to go there. I hope they stay close to our savior.


No comments:
Post a Comment