Tuesday, September 23, 2008

On A Roll

Last Wednesday Ethan was on our guest bed and he rolled over from his back to his tummy. I put him back on his back and he did it again. I just thought it was because the bed could be sunken in the middle. The next day the rolled from his back to his tummy again on the couch. Once again I still thought It was because I was making the couch slanted. He as been so close to rolling over, but never could quite get there on the floor. Today I put Ethan on the floor on his back and was getting ready for the day. When I came back in the room he was on his tummy. I was so happy and when I was praising him for rolling over. He rolled from his tummy to his back. This has continued all day. I am happy to see him grow and develop, but it also means my baby is growing up and I have to admit I am a little sad.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! What a big kid rolling over and all!!!

The Dutsons said...

Believe me this is a good thing, I know you'll have to watch him a little more closely now, and he is growing up and hitting his milestones, but he'll be able to entertain himself longer...trust me its awesome! Good luck:)

Jenni said...

Wow! My kids were so chubby they didn't roll forever! He seems young to be doing that...good for him!

Angela Brown said...

Yeah! That is so exciting. They do grow fast. You won't believe how quick time goes!!

Michael said...

It is amazing to me that the little things in life can bring us so much joy and happiness.

Buffy said...

That is very impressive - all my kids were around 5 months before they rolled over.