Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Avery Family Camp Out 2009

Every year my dad's side of my family goes to some property my grandparents own in Lava up Dempsey Creek that we call "The Range", or "The Hills." We camp, hike, go on four wheeler rides, play games, talk and eat lots of yummy food.
This year was Ethan's first year camping over night. I worried about how he would do, but he loved it. It was even cold this year, but it did not stop him. Ethan liked to play in the tent. He played in the dirt and through pine cones (Uncle Jakob kept a pile of pine cones ready for him). Grandpa Avery and Ethan were camping buddy's. They went on three hikes together. Ethan had to know were Scooter (My parents dog) was all of the time. He loved to watch him and follow him around. Then we took Ethan on a four wheeler rides, and he was hooked. He wanted to be on the four wheeler all of the time.
The last day it started to rain really hard. The dirt road was to wet and steep to get the trucks down, so we packed a few things onto the four wheelers and drove out. My Uncle George made dinner at his house for us. Then Jeremy, Ethan and I had to get back home. We left most of our stuff up at The Range for my parents to bring down after the road dries up. My camera is still up there, so no pictures. I did not think it was an essential thing, so I left it. Now that I am home I wish I had it.
Over all we had fun. We will defiantly have to do more camping because Ethan was in heaven.

Finally got my camera so here are a couple photos of us camping, or should I say they are of Ethan on the four wheeler becasue that is what he loved to do.

1 comment:

Shelley Patterson said...

That's great that Ethan liked it so much! Camping can be a blast for kids. They get to get dirty, and it's okay!