Monday, September 14, 2009

21 days

In the last twenty-one days since I have posted we have...



  • Played at the Rexburg splash park. Ethan was not sure if he liked it or not.

  • Had play dates at the Bowcutts twice a week so I could help out with her ten month old while she is on bed rest with twins!

  • Tried to find the ghost town of Herbert. We got about half way there and decided we needed an off roding vehicle, so he turned around and came back.

  • Worked in our garden, canned green beans, froze corn, made zucchini, pumpkin and banana bread and had many yummy salads from the things in our garden.

  • Tried to find Bone, Idaho. We must have pasted through it but we are not sure. How do you know when your are officially in Bone?

  • Had a few back yard football games with daddy and played Frisbee with our neighbor boys.

  • Went to the Rexburg Farmers Market.

  • Went to the Teton Vu Drive In and watched The Proposal and Transformers II.


  • Tried to find the Sand Bar Swimming Hole in St. Anthony, but didn't. We did take a nice drive out to the sand dunes and found Egin Lake.

  • Played at the park and road the Centennial Carousel in Rexburg.

  • Went to babies at the Zoo at Tautphaus park. The zoo is always fun, but free is better! We also played at the park.


  • Also, The most significant thing is that we have some sad news. Jeremy's Aunt Nelda passed away after fighting cancer for nine years. We loved her very much and will miss her. We are amazed at the strength her children and husband are showing. They are in our prayers and our thoughts daily. I only new Nelda for four short years, but she always made me feel loved and like part of the family. She always had a hug and a smile for me. I can say that I have been truly blessed to have known her if only for a short time. What a wonderful thing to know that she is safe with our heavenly father and her parents now. The funeral was a wonderful celebration of her life. As I watched the family during the viewing a few thoughts came to my mind from conference talks in April 2009. The first was: "There is no tragedy in death, but only in sin. The important thing is not how a person died, but how they lived." Spencer W. Kimbal. The second thought was: This was the time to show loyalty to God and to acknowledge that we depend on Him, that His will must be obeyed, and that we are subject to Him." Brother Abraham Quero.

I saw in Nelda's Children that loyalty to God. In this time of heartache they had turned to the each other and the Lord just as I am sure their mother had taught them.

We love you Nelda!

2 comments:

Shelley Patterson said...

It looks like you have kept busy the last few weeks. So sorry for your loss as well.

Carlin said...

Sorry to hear about Jeremy's aunt. She sounds like a fighter!

So I love how most of the things you did were just trying to find things and not succeeding:)

And I love the post about Jeremy wanting you to be a whore!