Monday, October 11, 2010

Cowboy

A week ago my bother Jakob called to see if we still wanted a dog. I said yes, but with the new baby we were thinking of waiting until spring. He said that his boss was selling his puppies for $50 that day and had one left. He just wanted to find it a home and would give it to us for free if we took him that night. I said okay. I don't know what I was thinking! I started stressing out, but it has been a really good thing. Although the first day we had him we woke up and he was gone. Jeremy found him in our neighbors garage. It took us a while to find all of the places he could squeeze under the fence and get out. I worried that he would be a lot of work, but so far not to bad. The best part is Ethan will go outside for most of the day and play with him. This helps me get somethings done around the house with out Ethan undoing them. Our newest member of the family is a Australian Shepperd/ Border Collie mix that we have named Cowboy. We hope he continues to be this good natured and lets Ethan bug him all the time.   

5 comments:

Kenny and Jamie Garrett said...

Cute! That was good of you to take the puppy and that Ethan loves playing with him. Btw, your baby is so cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Awww How cute! That's awesome Ethan has a little friend.

wendy lee said...

I think it is so good for you guys to have a pet- my kids would love one. He looks like he fits right in, how cute.

Mark & Shayla said...

Little boys need puppies. They will keep each other entertained!

Shelley Patterson said...

What a cute dog! They are a lot of work, but they are also a ton of fun. Glad Ethan is enjoying him!