Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Womens Conference

I was so lucky to be able to attend a Womens Conference at the new BYU-Idaho Center were Sister Julie B. Beck spoke on February 26, 2011. Jeremy was kind enough to take care of the boys and other responsibility's for the morning, so I meat my sister-in-law Angie there. I just thought I would share some of the things she said that I really liked, (I tried to write them down exactly as Sister Beck said them, but some things may not be word for word):

  • "Our Heavenly Father is not in the entertainment business and we should not be ether."
  • "We are not a left over, we are somebody."
  • "We must gain strength in the Relief Society to take it out to the would and those we serve in our our other church callings."
  • "When we stand by and don't tell the truth we are agreeing with the adversary."
  • "The Lord is not apologizing that we live in hard times. He know and he needs our help."
  • "We must all prepare to serve a mission. That way we will be prepared for what ever course our life takes."
  • "There are two parts of the Lords plan. One part of the men and one for the women. We must not try and take over the mens part of the plan, and we can not delegate our part of the plan."
  • "Sometimes the sisters in the church are the pornography."
  • "We are to have children!"
  • "The Lord owns our gifts."
  • "The Lord does not care about your issues with visiting teaching." 
  • "In Young Womans we give awards and cheer for the girls. In Relief Society we don't clap for you anymore. Now you are just expected to act on your own."
  • "The prophet is calling for us to advance the war."
  • "Having children is not a life style choice it is a gospel choice."
Sister Beck also said that our church has been build by the sacrifices of so many people. Now we think that life should be easy. We should not have to make hard choices. We should not have to make sacrifices. Our children should just come out perfect, but this is not how it is The Lord is sending strong spirits to the earth and they need our guldens and direction. We must still make sacrifices, just like the saints before us have. 

1 comment:

wendy lee said...

Wow, I really liked those quotes, I always enjoy hearing gospel speakers I would love to go to a conference with you sometime. Let me know if you hear of any more.