Later that day we dyed eggs. We stripped the boys down and let them go for it. I know some of you like your kids to be more modest than this, but it is the easiest way I think. This way I am not going crazy because they are getting their clothes dirty and they have more fun because I let them dye the eggs by themselves.
James loved sucking on the eggs and making a big mess.
Ethan dyed all of his eggs twice then added stickers.
Before going to bed we put out the Easter baskets and left the Easter bunny a carrot. The boys woke up to find that the Easter bunny had eaten the carrot they left for him, hid some eggs for Ethan to find and left lots of toys and goodies in the Easter baskets. 
Even with all the Easter morning fun we still managed to make it to 9 a.m. church on time. The boys looked cute in their Easter outfits we gave them. It was so nice to go to church and learn about Christ death and resurrection. The real reason that we celebrate Easter. I am so thankful for our savior’s atonement and sacrifice. I am humbled to know that Christ suffered for me, that I may be forgiven of my sins, and try to be better each day. I like the saying with out Easter we would not have Christmas. When we got home we took a family photo. Not an easy task with our still Ethan. We sure love him and all his silliness as well as James and his sweetness.
The rest of the day was very relaxed. I made ham, potatoes, rolls, green beans, and deviled eggs for dinner. Ethan spend most of the day outside playing with our dog cowboy. Then before we knew it it was time for bed.


8 comments:
I love the picture of Ethan in front of his basket! Too cute. And you look so pretty in your little family pic.
I love reading what you guys have been up to. I think letting the boys dye eggs without getting their clothes dirty was a good idea. Can't wait to see you next weekend.
SO cute, and I'm glad Ethan was able to go to the Easter egg hunt. Did the dye come off of James face easily? That looks like the best way to dye the eggs- then they have more fun because they don't have to hear the nagging to be careful from their mom, (like I did with my kids :(
So fun! Can't wait to see you guys! Love all the cute pictures and to see how your boys are growing up.
Yep. the dye came right off. No problem!
I love that picture of Ethan with his Easter basket... that is priceless!
You all look so happy! Heather you look great. Your hair is perfect!!! Cute boys!
Cute family pic!! Everyone looks so good...love your hair cut!!
Post a Comment