Monday, May 16, 2011

What a Weekend!

April 30th was our 6 year anniversary. We did not do anything super romantic this year, but we did enjoy spending time with our boys. The day before our anniversary was a Friday and Jeremy took the day off, so that we could take a trip over to Jackson Hole.

We woke up to snow on the ground. Not just a little snow, quite a bite. That made the roads over to Jackson not to good but we made it. Unfortunately the free swim at the rec center did not start for two hours. We thought we would go to the Elk refuge and see the displays they have there, but it was also closed. The gift shop was still open and we did at least get to use the bathroom. In Jackson the snow was not sticking to the ground, so we enjoyed a cold day at the park. Ethan had lots of fun. James is always a trooper, but I could tell he was getting cold, so I finally took him back to sit in the car.

Finally it was time that we could go swimming at the recreation center. The pool was just right for the boys. Ethan did not want to put his head under the water, but when it did go under he never cried. He even went down the little slide by himself. He was disappointed that we would not let him go on the big slide when Jeremy and I went on it.  He was so cute he would bend down and walk around moving his arms in the water saying swimming, swimming, swimming. James was happy to float around in the water on his back while we held him. 
After swimming we headed to Lava. Once again the roads were not that great, but we made it.

Saturday, Jeremy helped my family brand and vaccinate cows. I felt bad because I did not really help. My job was to watch my kids and I really only watched James. Ethan was busy watching and handing his Grandpa lacerates. Every once and a while  he would come in and play inside then he would be ready to go back out, so I could bundle him up and send him out.

I really enjoyed talking to my Grandma Avery and learning more about our ancestors while everyone else was working so hard.

After the cows were all vaccinated and branded we took James on his first four wheeler ride. I don't know if he really liked it our not. He seemed indifferent.

Before we drove home Ethan helped Kyle and Grandpa feed and water the cows. He even tried to drive the tractor by himself while Grandpa was on the hay wagon which caused Grandpa to be knocked off when Ethan jumped on the gas.

I know this does not sound like a great way to spend our 6 year anniversary, and I have to say there have been more romantic anniversary's, but all the driving gave us lots of time to talk to each other. I really love that Jeremy and I have grown to just enjoy being around each other. No matter what we are doing. We don't have to be doing something amazing all of the time. We just have to be together and that is good enough.


2 comments:

wendy lee said...

That sounds like so much fun, being together as a family. This summer we will have to all go to Ross park so the kids can play with the toys in the shallow kidde pool. Love your boys

Travis and Brittany said...

I love this because because once you have kids the day itself changes but the way you and your spouse feel about each other only gets better! Glad it was a fun day!