Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mother's Day


The day before Mother's Day we left for Pocatello. Our first stop was to watch our nephew Tanner's soccer game. It was a little cold, but we all stuck it out and enjoyed watching Tanner play. Then it was off to a graduation party for Jeremy's sister Mandi and brother-in-law Brandon who both received their Master's from ISU. We had a nice lunch and had fun visiting. Ethan always loves playing with his cousins and this time he got to drive a little John Deere tractor that Jeremy's parents bought at DI. He was really good at pushing the gas, but not so good at steering.

Later that night Neil and Shelley babysat the boys while Jeremy and I went to see Thor. It was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Sunday we went to church with Neil and Shelley. I don't feel like I was in church that long. Ethan had a hard time going to nursery. (This is usually not a problem.) He went in just fine, but before Sunday school could even start they brought him to us crying. I had to sit with him through most of Sunday school. Then he was finally able to stay with out me. Then I was out of half of Relief Society feeding James. Oh well, I was in church and sacrament was nice.

Right after church we headed to Lava to see my mom and then over to Bancroft to visit with my Grandma Neibaur (and other family). We had a nice dinner and enjoyed visiting with family, but before we knew it we had to leave to go back home.

I love being a mom. It is hard!, but I think that is what makes it so great. I have always loved my mom and know that she did and continues to do a lot for me, but I am learning she did a lot more than I thought. I think one of the great things about becoming a mom is gaining true gratitude for my parents and all they do. There are days that I think how did my parents do this, and I still have a long way to go Ethan is only two. I also appreciate Shelley and all she did to help Jeremy be such a great man. I am sure it was not always easy for her. Although the way Jeremy tells it he was the perfect child. I am still waiting for our child that is like him and not like I was as a child. 

The other great thing about becoming a mom is experiencing unconditional love. It is nice that my boys love me no matter what, but that is not what I am talking about. I am talking about the love I have for them. No matter what they do, I still love them. (I am sure this will continue to be tested in their teen years). On Sunday one of the speakers commented on this unconditional love. He said that as soon as your child is born you love them. Not because they have done anything to deserve it. At that point all they have done is caused their mother to be sick, and uncomfortable for nine months and then put her through lots of pain. We love our children because they are ours. It is the same way our Heavenly Father loves us. He does not love use because we deserve it, because we don't deserve it. He loves us because we are his. 

2 comments:

michele said...

Heather,
I love reading about what you have been up to. I'm sure Jeremy wasn't a perfect child, but he was pretty good. He didn't do too crazy of stuff even though he's a boy. Once, he did break his collar bone riding his bike (when I was in charge). Then it was hard to get a hold of my parents because they were setting up at Girls Camp before cell phones.

averyclan6 said...

I love reading your blog. You inspire me with your insight on parenting. And your testimony of a loving Heavenly Father and Mother that love us each so much, because we are theirs.