For the last half of October we had Halloween Dinners that Ethan helped make. Some of the things were:
Mummy Dogs
Chicken Mummy Sandwich
Jack-O-Lantern Hamburgers
Halloween Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Ghost Pancakes for Breakfast
Scarecrow Tostatas
Dinner in a Pumpkin
Mummy Pizza
Slithering Snakewich
Witch Finger Sandwiches
Witch Potato's
We went to the Zoo Mobil for a scout pack meeting. It was kind of lame. They brought scary animals because it was October. The lame part was they only brought three animals, (a snake, a lizard and a ferret). Our boys were to young to touch the snake and lizard, so they got board really fast.
This year our garden did not produce any pumpkins, so we had to go buy some. We decided to try a pumpkin patch for fun. I think it is more expensive than getting them from the store, but we did have fun. Ethan picked out four pumpkins for us and we enjoyed free suckers while we ran around the kiddie straw maze.
One of our family home evenings we went to the straw maze. First we saw all the animals then we set off to find our way through the maze. For the most part we let Ethan tell us were to go. I was a little worried about this, but it only took us an hour. Ethan love the straw mazes and James was a good sport to just ride in the backpack.
The Young Women went Treat or Tricking. We dressed up and took treats to members in our ward. I did not have my Wonder Woman costume ready, so I went as a Rodeo Queen.
We of course took some time before Halloween to paint/carve the pumpkins we picked. James and Ethan painted and I carved one. Ethan loved the light in the jack-o-lantern.Finally it was Halloween and we got to get dressed up. We were a Super Hero Family. I made our costumes. A friend in our ward gave me a spider man costume, but it was the right size for a 3rd grader, so I had to take it all apart and cut all the pieced down then sow it back to gather. I think it would have been easier to buy one, but this was a lot cheaper.
Before
After
Jeremy was Clark Kent (Superman)
James was Batman
I was Wonder Woman with my wonderful family
We were so happy to have my sister Tami come over for Halloween while her husband was at work and go Trunk r Treating with us. Ethan had been practicing for weeks to say Trick or Treat then Thank you. He even said it, but was very quiet. We were in such a hurry to get to the trunk r treat that we forgot Ethan's shoes. Good thing he had on footy PJ's under his costume. James was very content with the first sucker he got and just rode in the stroller the whole time. I think Ethan was more excited to hand out the candy to Trick or Treaters than he was to go trunk or treating.
We got to extend Halloween to November 1st. The boys put on their costumes one last time and we went to my brother Jakob and sister in laws house to trick or treat them, and my mom who was there. (My mom came to help for the week because Angie had to have surgery and was not suppose to lift their baby.)
Ethan and James with their cousin Quort.


4 comments:
I love your costumes!! You guys look so good. You are so talented, Heather! And creative. Such a cute idea!
You are so stinky creative...and I love the food you made. I haven't checked blogs in forever. Did james get hurt? on the video of him walking I saw something on his arm. HOpe he is okay.
It looks like you guys had such a fun October. I am so impressed. I would love to see your boys getting excited for all of the food and festivities. I can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving.
I can't wait to copy all of your cute ideas for october food, I've never thought about doing creative food all month long, but my kids would get a kick out of it. Also I love those costumes- even when you wonderwomen wasn"t ready, your rodeo queen was an amazing costume, how do you come up with so many ideas?
Post a Comment