Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Month of Thanksgiving

This year we got to start Thanksgiving a little early with a Neibaur family feast in Banncroft. There were so many of us that we had the dinner at the church house. I don't have a picture of all of us, but my Aunt Betty Jo took one. After we were all done eating it was time for some fun minute to win it games. Followed by my cousins Sydnies bridal shower and painting some new ginger bread men for all the new members of our family. (My grandparents have garland that wraps around their great room with gingerbread men with all our names on them.)

The night before Thanksgiving Jeremy's parents were kind enough to watch the boys so we could go watch "The Help". Such a good movie.

We had Thanksgiving at Jeremy's sister Micheles house. I made pumpkin pie and dutch apple pie as well as this fruit turkey.


And this little turky cookies.
The day was mostly relaxing with good conversation and some fun games.  This first picture is of the four youngest of the Furniss grand kids. They were all born with in a year.  (Carter 15 months, Libby 10 months, James 14 1/2 months,and Brielle 4 months)   
This one is of all the Furniss grand kids with grandpa and grandma Furniss. James and Carter were done having their picture taken I think.
Friday after Jeremy and his dad finished up their Black Friday shopping we drove to Lava to spend some time with the Avery's. We were glad to clean up the left overs from their Thanksgiving dinner. Ethan also played a few board games for the first time. (When I say the first time, I mean the first time all the way through playing by all the rules.) We had a good time except that James started running a fever and was grumpy. 

2 comments:

michele said...

Heather, I enjoyed your posts. It's fun to see the pictures. I love that you are keeping a family history via the blog. Someday I will show Brielle and say "We were there too." I can't believe you did so many crafts. They turned out so cute. I would have had a nervous breakdown if I were the one in charge.

wendy lee said...

love that picture of the grandkids- especially the little boys crying while the little girls are perfect angels. So cute