Monday, June 11, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day Weekend started for me on Friday. I was able to go to my cousin Taigan's sealing in the Idaho Falls LDS Temple to his new bride Shayla. It was very emotional to be in the temple with so many of my moms family for the first time without her, but a very happy day for them.

After Jeremy got off work we headed to Lava. Stopping in Pocatello for Taigan and Shayla's open house. 


The weekend was really rainy and cold, but we did get my mom's grave decorated with flowers. I think it looked really nice.

I have to tell you about our first trip to the Lava cemetery We had gotten out and put flowers on my moms grave. Ethan and James decided to go back to the van. Ethan opened the van and they got in. I was saying to Jeremy that I hoped he had taken the keys out just as Ethan got back out of the van and shut the door. James immediately locked the door. We were all trying to get James to unlock the door, but he would not. Our phones were also in the van, so no calling anyone, unless we found someone with a phone. We still had a vase of flowers in the van for my Grandpa Avery's grave that James tipped over dumping all the water out then sat on. He also got into the coins and was putting them in his mouth. I got a little sharp with Ethan about letting James in the van, so he ran down the hill. Jeremy went after him. Ethan told Jeremy and I was being naughty, so he was going to take a little timeout. Jeremy had Ethan say a prayer that James would unlock the door. It must have helped because right after that James found the keys and pushed the button to unlock the door. I was so relieved to have him out!

Ethan and Jeremy came back and we took the flowers to my Grandpa's grave. Ethan then got his foot stuck in someones canister on their head stone. I knew it was time to go before my boys got into more trouble.

We finished the weekend with dinner in Pocatello with Jeremy's family on Monday and going to the Avengers with Jeremy's sister Mandi and her husband Drew. Thanks for going with us guys and for sharing your popcorn. Also, thanks to Neil and Shelley for watching our boys so we could go.

I almost forgot a very important part of our weekend. We got to meet for the first time a new cousin. Alexis Beth Lee. She is Jeremy's sister Wendy's sixth child. (I was not thinking and did not take any pictures, so I stole this from them.) Wendy had Alexis the same day we found out that we were having a girl also. I asked Ethan what we should name our baby girl. He thought then said Lexie. I told him that it was a good name, but probably not the one we would use. David and Wendy were having a hard time deciding on a name for their little girl so I wrote on facebook and told them they could use Lexie. I never thought they would because this is not a name that had been mentioned before and they never read my comment, but we soon found out that they were naming her Alexis and may call her Lexie. How funny is that.

I was talking to Ethan the other day about getting a baby sister and he  told me that he was not getting a sister. Cody (Ethan's cousin) already had a baby girl Lexie. I tried to tell him that we were getting our own baby, and that we would name her something different. I guess he will find that out soon enough.

1 comment:

wendy lee said...

Sorry about your crazy adventure but I'm glad James was able to unlock the door-there is no way Carter would have been able too.