For some reason Ethan's birthday's always make me a little sad. Maybe it is because he is my oldest and it makes me realize how old I am getting, and that even thought I see him as my baby boy he really is not anymore. He is a little boy now in every way.
Ethan has been waiting for his birthday for a really long time. (Like sense Christmas!) He has been so excited and even started to tell people he was going to be four when they asked his age. It does make it fun to see how excited he got.
We really just kept it simple this year with only our small family, but it did not stop him from having fun. We meet Jeremy in Rexburg for free lunch at Smith park. Both of the boys were more interested in playing on the toys than eating lunch.
Next it was off to Porter Park to play at the splash park. Both of the boys excitedly ran in the water to start with.
Unfortunately Ethan quickly decided he was done. I made him sit on the towels for a while because James was having so much fun. We left sooner than James would have liked, but it was Ethan's birthday and he was ready to go.
Finally we stopped into Cold Stone to get Ethan's free birthday ice cream. It tasted amazing after being out in the sun for so long.
Both boys crashed on the way home and stayed asleep for quite a while after that. Thankfully that gave me some time to make Ethan's birthday cake. All he would tell me is he wanted a black chocolaty cake that was round and really tall. I gave him an added bones of making it a super hero cake. It was suppose to have a few more details, but I ran out of time. Luckily for me Ethan was still thrilled with it.
Ethan requested pizza for dinner, so Jeremy brought some home after work. When I was ordering it I was reading of the chose of toppings for Ethan to pick from. The only topping he wanted was Tobies (Anchovies). I of course did not order a pizza with anchovies, but when we got the pizza Ethan said yum I love Tobies (Anchovies). I did not break his heart and tell him it was Italiano sausage not anchovies.
Ethan loved all of his gifts. Almost all of witch had Spider man on. He was particularly excited about his new bike from Jeremy and I. We still need to work on him riding it. Thank you also to all those who called to wish him a happy birthday.
We finished the night with cake and ice cream. Then a good bath for both of the boys.
We love our big four year old boy Ethan. He changed our lived by making us parents and continues to surprise us with all the things he does.
11 years ago


1 comment:
What an amazing cake, you always do such a good job. I hope we can join you guys at park to play in the water like last year it was so fun. We also have a spiderman toy for him for his birthday hopfully we get to see you soon. Tell him happy late birthday from us.
Post a Comment