Thursday, March 21, 2013

One Year

One whole year has passed sense my  mom passed away, and oh what a year it has been. I really thought something magical would happen when we hit the year mark and I would hurt less. No such luck. In fact in ways I can say I hurt more than I did a year ago. I keep getting told how strong I am and how proud my mom would be of all of us. That's not really true. I still feel like my family is falling apart! We just like to put on a good face in front of others. 

Okay, enough about that. As a family we got together to remember my mom on the one year mark. We watched old home movies and looked through family photos. We also took some Easter and Birthday flowers up to my mom's grave. (I hope the next pictures I post of the cemetery will have her headstone in them. It was not finished before the snow came, so we are just waiting for nicer weather to put it in.) I think my mom would like them and how colorful they are. 
Kyle, Dad, Me, Jakob and Tami

Mom and Dad's Grand kids - Ethan, James, Quort and Grace

We also celebrated my dad's birthday because we were not able to be with him on his actual birthday. 

1 comment:

wendy lee said...

Beautiful flowers, Beautiful Family so sorry for the sadness. All of those grandkids are adorable