Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mom in Ethan's Eyes


Ethan 2013 – Mom

I did my best to write down things exactly how he said them and as much as I could. What I said is in black and what Ethan said is in green.

1.    What is something mom always says to you? Be Good.
2.    What makes mom happy? Uh, Picking up the toys when you ask me to.
3.    What makes mom sad? Being mean.
4.    How does Mom make you laugh? Tickle you. You know when you tickle me and I laugh. (He then proceeded to show me how to tickle.)
5.    What was mom like as a child? Uh, being a kid? I don’t know. What do you think? Playing together and being friends.
6.    How old is mom? How old is mom? Bigger. I don’t know mom how old? Fourteen. How old mom? I am twenty eight. Oh, twenty eight. I got tricked. I don’t want to get tricked. (When Ethan answers questions wrong he likes to say it was tricky or that he got tricked. He is very focused on getting things right even if there is not a write or wrong answer.)
7.    How tall is mom? How tall are you? Thirteen, eighteen, nineteen, mommy, How tall are you eleven? I am 5 feet, three inches tall. That was a tricky one, why do you keep asking tricky ones?
8.    What is mom’s favorite thing to do? Being, nice and picking up toys, and eat your dinner.
9.    What does mom do when you’re not around? Uh, go exercise outside.
10. If mom becomes famous what will it be for? What do that mean? That means that what is the thing everyone will know mom for. Uh, your mommy.
11. What is mom really good at? Mom really good at, hum, what are you good at? What do you think? Exercising.
12. What is mom not very good at? Playing video games. Are you not good at that? No I’m not. That’s a good answer. Wahoo.
13. What does mom do for her job? Go to the store.
14. What is mom’s favorite food? Breakfast in the night time. I mean fruit and vegetables. Why do you like fruit and vegetables? My favorite is treats. My vegetables taste yucky. They went bad, so I just eat treats. (He went on longer about how he did not like vegetables.)
15. What makes you proud of mom? Hum, How about giving me treats. That is making me proud.
16. If mom was a cartoon character who would she be? Hum, how about wonder woman. The best fighter. Wonder woman is really strong. I want you to be strong. If you’re not wonder woman you won’t be strong and then you will die. I don’t want you to die.
17. What do you and mom do together? Hum, How about help picking up.
18. How are you and mom the same? Hum, to be boys. We are both boys? Ya, but you’re not a boy. So we are not the same. Okay, so how are we the same? Being boys and girls.
19. How are you and mom different? The same question? No, I just asked you how we are the same. Now I am asking you how we are different. Because I am a boy and you are a girl.
Can I ask a question to you? Sure. What is your favorite flower? Good question. I like a lot of flowers. Maybe a rose or a lily.
What is your favorite treat? That’s a hard one. I like treats. Probably white cake with frosting. What color of frosting? I like butter cream frosting. It can be any color. I saw it a color. Pink! You don’t remember. I remember. You lose. Was that a tricky question? (Once again really focused on being the one that is right or that wins. We stopped for a conversation about being nice and not telling people that they lose. That it is more important to be nice and to try our best than to be right all the time or win. We have had this conversation many times. I hope someday it sinks in.)
What is your favorite food when you wake up? I like pancakes.
20. How do you know mom loves you? Good questions. What you love? How about flower. Flowers are pretty and pink is pretty too. Girls are pretty and boys are handsome. Football is just for boys. So girls can’t play. How do you know that I love you? You love me? Help picking up toys.
21. Where is mom’s favorite place to go? Hum. What is your favorite plays mom? The zoo.
I want to ask another question. What is your favorite place to go? I just asked you that. I know, but I said the zoo, but I don’t think that is your favorite place. My favorite place is going someplace with the family. Which place? With animals in the zoo? It could be.

4 comments:

Tami said...

Oh Ethan! This definitely shows what Ethan is like right now.

michele said...

I can really see Ethan's personality in the questions he answered. Good job Heather recording this. Someday it will be priceless.

wendy lee said...

It is priceless now too, that boy is so cute. I love how he turned it around to ask you questions instead. I will try to do this with my kids tonight, such good memories.

Mandi Burrell said...

So ooooo cute! I love that idea, and he just makes me laugh.