We started our Memorial Day weekend off in Lava. It was a surprisingly nice day. We took flowers to my Grandpa Avery's, Great Grandpa and Grandma Avery's and my mom's graves. We are so happy to finally have my mom's head stone in. Well most of us were. Ethan was sad. He said "Poor Grandma Avery, she's not here." I said "Your right buddy this is just were we berried Grandma Avery." Ethan said "No Grandma Avery's picture is not here anymore, so she's gone." It took me a little bit to figure it out, but he was talking about the marker the funeral home put at my mom's grave. It had a picture of my mom and I guess Ethan liked it.
We was so glad that my sister Tami and brother-in-law Jayson could come to the cemetery with us. We missed the others.
After visiting the cemetery we went to my Grandma Avery's house for her 78th birthday. We were so glad that my dad was able to get off work by then and come join the party as well as my uncles, aunt and their family's. My boy's could have stayed there forever. They love being on the farm and playing with my cousins. I love it too and was sad to leave that night.
Monday afternoon we drove up to Bates (Just outside of Driggs.) to visit Jeremy's Grandpa and Grandma Furniss' and Aunt Nelda's graves. We were surprised to be there the same time as Jeremy's Uncle Jim and three of his kids as well as Jeremy's Great Uncle Bud and Great Aunt Jean. After visiting the cemetery we stopped by Jeremy's grandparents home. It no longer belongs to the family, but it was open, so we were able to look around and show the kids. We also drove by the house that Jeremy's parent lived in Driggs.



2 comments:
Heather,
We stopped by to visit your mom's grave and bring her flowers too on Saturday. I thought the headstone was beautiful! Everything looked so nice.
Love,
Stephanie
I was thinking of you on Mother's Day and Memorial day. I am glad that you got to be with family and your mom's headstone really is beautiful.
Post a Comment