We loved swim lessons this year. I say we because when we showed up for the first day of swim lessons I saw two of my cousins (Candice and JaLayn) and their kids. They live in Rexburg, but we don't get to see each other that often. How awesome is it that our kids has swim lessons together. Ethan and JaLayn's son Brand'n were in even swimming partners. I enjoyed getting to catch up with my cousins for the two weeks our kids had swim lessons.
Ethan loved swim lessons just like last year, but was more confident this time around. I was impressed with how much he improved this year. His teacher was really good with him and even pulled me aside on the last day to tell me how good Ethan was at floating and swimming. (For his age I am sure.)
These pictures are of Ethan's last day of swim lessons. They let them go down the slide if they want on the last day. Ethan thought that was fun as long as he got to go down with his teacher. They also give them a certificate saying they completed the session of swim lessons.
After the last swim lesson. We stayed and swam as a family. It was a little crazy taking three kids by myself. I had the boys in life jackets and Grace in a floaty, but it was still crazy. It took me about 10 minutes to get James in his life jacket. I just kept telling him that we could not get in if he did not put it on. As soon as we got in Grace started crying. She had a diaper rash and I think it may have hurt her. James was just following Ethan, but can not touch as deep as Ethan and his life jacket flipped him on to his back. They were still really shallow, but James started screaming. Ethan was trying to flip him back up, but the lifeguard blow her wistle and jumped in. I turned and garbed James before the lifeguard got to him. Not a good start. Just so you are not to worried about me endangering my children. James was fine. he was in the shallow end were even Ethan can touch and had a life jacket on. He was floating on his back. It just scarred him. For the rest of the time James did no want to leave the steps unless I was holding him. Grace was still fussy and did not like sitting in her floaty. We did not stay as long as I had planned. After swimming we got Ethan's free ice cream and headed over to the Pizza Parlor for lunch. Wow! I don't think I will be doing that with out Jeremy anytime soon. 

1 comment:
good for you for trying, that is a busy day, more drops of awesomness
Post a Comment