Sunday was our sleep in day. We did not have to be to church until 9 a.m. However we did not sleep in, and were up before the sun. Jeremy and I went out on the beach to watch the sunrise. We enjoyed watching the crabs on the beach and being the only ones out there for quite a while.
We attended the Hawaii Kai Ward at 9 a.m. because it is the ward Davids sister Andrea attended when she lived in Hawaii. It was over by the Koko Marina Shopping center were we did the B.O.B., so we had to make our way through the traffic again. The ward was very welcoming and Andrea's friends had made us leis. After a wonderful block of meetings we had been invited to a munch and mingle with their youth.
![]() |
| Andrea's friends Isaac and Tammy |
After eating Andrea and Peter went back to the beach house and David, Wendy, Jeremy and I went to the Byodo-In Temple. It was funny because it was so sunny at church then as we were driving you could just see this wall of rain. It rained hard for a while, but it was not to bad by the time we got to the Temple. The nice thing is that it is so warm there that even when it was raining on us it was not cold. The first thing we did when we got there was go to the bell house to ring the five foot high, three ton brass bell using a soft wooden log. You are suppose to ring the bell before entering the temple. This will bring you happiness, blessings and a long life.
We then walked over to the temple. The Byodo-In Temple in Oahu is a smaller-scale replica of the 950 year old Byodo-In Temple, in Uji, Japan. You have to remove your shoes to enter to show respect.
This golden Buddha is thought to be the largest outside of Japan. It is over 9 feet tall.
We then returned to our beach house. It was time to try out the boggy boards and surf board that came with the house. I have to say our beach is not the best place to try this. There is a lot of coral and it is not very deep. Andrea, Jeremy and I went way out past the waves and I could still stand up. It was still fun to try. I think Andrea is the only one that actually got up on the surf board. Jeremy and Wendy both got some cuts from the coral. I would love to try again in a better area.
After we were done playing in the water we grilled hamburgers and enjoyed them in the back yard overlooking the beach. Followed by a lot of talking laughing and a game of Canasta.




1 comment:
So thankful for your update, I'm still trying to finish my journal entries, your update helps me remember everything and I have stole a few pictures of things I neglected to get pictures of. Thanks again
Post a Comment