Thursday, October 10, 2013

Hawaii Day 1 & 2

Many of you already know but if you did not. We went to Hawaii! Jeremy has always said that we would go to Hawaii for our ten year anniversary. Well then it started to be that maybe we would have to wait until our fifteen year anniversary. I told him that I did not think we would ever go. When we got our tax return back at the beginning of the year he said lets go. I thought he was joking, but I guess not. Jeremy's parents and sisters were kind enough to volunteer to watch our kids, so that was not an excuse. I chose October instead of our anniversary because for the last six anniversary I have ether been pregnant or nursing a baby. I knew that in October I would be done nursing Grace and NOT pregnant. (To much information I know.) It was hard thinking about leaving my kids for so long and most of all Grace. She was only four months old when we decided to go and it would be the first time I left her over night. Grace was a year old by our trip, but it was still hard. Jeremy's sister Wendy and brother-in-law David decided that they wanted to go to Hawaii also, so that left Jeremy's parents with nine kids, and only four of them went to school. (Don't worry, the kids and their grandparents were just fine, but I am sure Jeremy's parents were really tired and ready for a brake.) We found a really good deal on tickets out of Boise and booked them in February. Then Jeremy's brother-in-law's sister (David's sister Andrea) and her husband (Peter) decided that they also wanted to come. (Did you follow that?) Kind of crazy! After many months of planning our trip the day finally came. It almost did not seem real. 

October 9, 2013 Day 1 - Jeremy got off work a little early on Wednesday, October 9th and we drove down to Pocatello to drop our kids off with his parents. Then David, Wendy, Jeremy and I drove up to Boise to stay with Jeremy's sister Michele's good Friend Karen. (Once again are you following?) She was nice enough to let us stay with her, leave our car there and drive us to the airport at 5 a.m.

October 10, 2013 Day 2 -Our flight to Seattle was at  6:40 a.m. 
This is what we saw as we flew into Seattle.
After a short layover we boarded our plain for our long flight to Honolulu. I wish I could say I slept, but I did not. Good thing we had our kindles with movies downloaded on them, books, etc. to keep us entertained. 


When we got to Oahu they circled the whole island before landing. 


Our plane landed around noon in Oahu, or 4 p.m. in Idaho. We had no problems getting our luggage or a rental car. We could not check into our beach house that we were renting on Ewa Beach until 4 p.m., so we drove out to the Dole Plantation. We bought tickets to ride the Pineapple Express and ate Dole Whips while we waited. I am not always a big pineapple fan, but it was good.  


This was a two mile, narrated, twenty-minute train tour. It told the story of pineapple in Hawaii and how James Drummond Dole Founded Dole Plantation. We saw fields of pineapple, mangoes, etc. It was interesting and informative. 


After a quick stop at Walmart to buy some grocery we made our way to the beach house we were renting. The owner, and manager were still there after cleaning. They were very nice and welcoming. After visiting with them we made ourselves at home and cooked a simple dinner of spaghetti. It was nice after a long day. We finished up just in time to enjoy the sun set on the beach just outside our back door. We even managed to find some seashells to take home to our kids.
Looking west of our beach house.
This is our beach house!


Looking East from our beach house.
The water was so warm!
Can't forget our kids. Miss them already, but so nice to get away together.

2 comments:

Travis and Brittany said...

Oh my gosh what a fun fun trip!!! Ps your clothes are always so adorable!!

Carlin said...

I had no idea!! How awesome! I've always wanted to go there. Love your shirt!