Saturday, September 21, 2013

Kyle's Open House

This is the first time that I have had to be in charge of an open house. I have helped with many open house/receptions before, but it is different when you are the one in charge. Thankfully my sister was supper helpful and willing to help make decisions and put things together. As well as others who also helped out. I think it turned out nice and wish I had better photos to show it. these were taken before the open house.
My Aunt Tarryn and Uncle Brent let us use all these cool old doors and their Japanese lanterns to hang from the ceiling. (I don't have a picture of the ceiling with the lanterns and white lights, but it was cool. My Aunt Marion, Aunt Naoma, and cousins Brianna and Kaitlin were nice enough to come and help Jeremy and I hang the lights the night before. Also, thankful for Wendy, Tina, Jeanene, Naoma, Marion, Grandma Avery, and Angie  who let us use their white lights.)



We served 8 different kinds of cookies (Thanks Grandma Avery, Tarryn, Marion, Naoma, Jeanene, Crystal, Angie, Tami and myself! for making all those cookies) and milk, water, lemonade and some mints. If you can't tell the sign says Eat, Drink & Be Married. 


The Wilson family was nice enough to let us barrow their burlap table runners for the wedding, and my brother Jakob cut all these log disks for us. 


The sign in the frame says. In memory of my mom who is always present in my heart.
 I think everything turned out nice and we could not have done it with out the help of many people. Perpetually thanks to my Aunt Naoma and her girl who were there the whole day helping set up. My uncle Norman for watching my boys so we could set up. My Aunt Marion and Uncle George for picking up the doors and putting them together, Grandma Avery for making such a great dinner for everyone before the open house, Neil and Shelley for picking up milk and flowers for us when I ran out of time, Cam, Shelby and Jake for their help with the finishing touches when the got there, and everyone I mentioned before and those that I am forgetting, but really helped out a lot.
 Ethan loved decorating the car and could not wait to tell Kyle what they had done.

2 comments:

wendy lee said...

Love lOve love how cute the open house turned out you guys did great

Carlin said...

It turned out so cute!! Great job!