We started by sending out these invitations to a few of Ethan's Primary and Preschool friends. Having a summer birthday made it hard to know a lot of his preschool friends addresses, but we did our best. We also invited his Lee cousins to come up for the party, and we are so glad they came. Perpetually Aunt Wendy's help.
The first stop on our Disney Infinity Adventure was the land of Wreck It Ralph. For our Wreck It Ralph world we used an idea I got from the blog Bombshell Bling and made candy and cookie race cars, with Twinkies as the base. The kids LOVED this idea, and of course they snuck plenty of candy.
On to Avengers world! (Disney owns Marvel, after all, and will be coming out with Disney Infinity caricatures in time for Christmas! We are just a little ahead.) In the Avengers portion of the party each kid through a Captain America Shield (Ethan already had) to try and knock down the bad guys. Then they put on some Hulk gloves (I found at the dollar store) to “SMASH!!!!” the rest of the bad guys. We printed off pictures of some of the Avengers enemies then taped then to cardboard boxes for our bad guys.
Now that everyone was riled up it was a good time to take the energy level down a notch, so we headed over to “Mater’s Tall Tales Drive-In." in Cars land.
I made the “cars” with large boxes Jeremy picked up from the Jerky factory that is on his way to work. They were painted with leftover paint from they boy's room that they last owners of our house left. I cut out white circles and used hot glue to stick them on black paper plates, which I then hot glued onto the boxes as “wheels.” I also glued yellow circles onto the boxes as “headlights.” The kids looked so cute sitting in their cars.
While watched a couple of Mater’s Tall Tales the kids munched on Mickey Mouse Popcorn. This Mickey Mouse Popcorn was made with kettle corn, candy melts and vanilla bark, and was suppose to have Mickey Mouse confetti sprinkles. I swear I ordered some Mickey Mouse Sprinkles, but when they had not come I looked on line and no I had not ordered them. I think the popcorn would have been so cute with Mickey Mouse sprinkles, but I used mini chocolate chips. The process is pretty simple. In short, I pop the popcorn and spread it out. Next I melt the candy melts and vanilla bark and drizzle it over the top of the popcorn. Lastly I sprinkled the chocolate chips over the top of the melted candy melts. That’s it!
After the land of Cars it was time for something special: Captain Jack Sparrow's Pirate Training.
Each new pirate got a temporary tattoo and an eye patch, and then they all recovered the “treasure” (Bubble Gum coins and cheap candy) from the treasure chest pinata. It was a blast.
Once Captain Jack Sparrow's Crew was done with the treasure we took a break to enter the land of Mickey Mouse...FOOD.
We served watermelon that was suppose to be cut like Mouse Ears using a cookie cutter, It was another thing that I thought I ordered, but did not, so just plain old watermelon cut into triangles. corn dogs and hot dogs (Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity DOG!), juice boxes that looked like Mickey Mouse, and Mickey Mouse cupcakes.
The cupcakes are self explanatory, but super cute. Regular cupcakes topped with an Oreo cookie and two mini Oreo cookies….viola! Mickey Mouse cupcakes. Love it. (I did not get a picture until after the party. This one looks a little sad, but they were cute.)
The Mickey Mouse juice boxes ended up being one of my favorite things at the party. Simply pull off the straw gently and save it. Tape black construction paper around the top of the juice box and red construction paper around the bottom of the juice box. Cut round “ears” and tape them to the back of the juice box. Add “buttons” with yellow puffy paint. Cute, right?
We all sang happy Birthday to Ethan and blew out his candles and then we dug in to the food.
After we finished up with the food. Ethan opened the gifts his friends had brought for him.
Prior to their departure, each guest stopped at the last Disney Infinity land of the day: Star Wars. Yes, Disney owns Star Wars now too!They pretty much own everything at this point. I am sure they will come out with Disney Infinity charterers someday. We are way ahead on this one, but I thought it would be fun because one of the party's Ethan thought about was Star Wars. In Star Wars land they each received a pool noodle and duct tape light saber and went to town battling it out. It was a pretty rowdy party favor to send home, but they were jazzed about it! Well at lest the boys were. The girls were more content to draw with the side walk chalk and play on the swings.
Such a fun, exhausting day! But Ethan sure was happy, and that’s what matters!, and even though I thought this was going to be a hard party to plan I actually had ideas for the Lone Ranger, Toy Story and Phineas and Ferb lands that I did not use because I was not sure how we would do on time, and I did not want us to be really rushed. I maybe could have done one other land.


1 comment:
That is AWESOME!! Holy cow! Talk about a lot of work and creativity =0) But he's got some awesome memories. I am surprised that girls were invitied ;0)
Post a Comment