Friday, November 20, 2020

Gratitude Journal

Russell M. Nelson, a global faith leader and president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, has a new message of hope, healing and unity to help lift us out of the depths of COVID-19 and eradicate other plagues such as hatred and incivility.

The prophet has offered a prayer of gratitude and also invited everyone, everywhere, to do two important things to help heal our fractured relationships and communities:

  1. Turn social media into your own gratitude journal for the next seven days
  2. Say a prayer of thanks
After President Nelson finished his remarks the kids and I knelt in prayer to give thanks. I tried my best to make a gratitude post for the next seven days even though we were on a trip.

November 20th: 
I am truly grateful for my kids teachers. The ones who are teaching them this year and all those who got them to where they are today. Last night I went to parent teacher conference and was overwhelmed with gratitude for how much they care about my kids. Are my kids perfect A+ students? No! Are their teachers perfect teachers? No? But they care and are trying. I truly touches my heart to know when my kids leave my home they are going to teachers who care so much. #GiveThanks

Comments on Instagram:
*Shelley Furniss - πŸ’“Teachers are the best. 
Comments on Facebook:
*Jessica Skaar - Yes! I felt this to! They are truly amazing!
*Kari Peterson - It's great to live in an area where we all know each other. I feel like there is more of an investment component to my work. I love the families and the school!

November 21st: 
I am grateful to live in such a beautiful place with amazing people. I love to visit other places, but always grateful to come back to my Idahome. #givethanks

Also my from my kids:
Ethan: cars, so we can travel to different places.
James: family, because they love us and take care of us.
Grace: the prophet who tells us about Jesus.
Gavin: Cooking with mom and dad.

Comments on Facebook: 
*Naoma Avery - Love this πŸ’“Your kids are so cute!
*Caryn Johnson - Great! Love it! I was going to do my kid's reposes too, but I forgot until I saw yours...and I didn't get around to posting until midnight. Maybe better luck tomorrow!
November 22nd:

I am grateful for the hope, forgiveness and healing that I find through my savior Jesus Christ. #givethanks

Comments on Facebook:
*Tenielle Honeycutt - I am grateful for those blessing that come from Him as well. 
*Marilyn Marshall - Amen

November 23rd:

                                      
I don't often give thanks for this amazing body God has given me. Truthfully, most of the time I wish this body of mine was different. Taller, thinner, less blemishes and the list goes on, but my mind set is shifting. This body of mine has grown FIVE healthy little humans and then was able to feed each of them. My body is healthy and lets me do so many activities I love. And for all of that I give thanks for my body. Imperfections and all. #givethanks

Comments on Instagram:
*Wendy Lee - πŸ’“πŸ’“
*Rachel Carter - πŸ’“Such a good post.
Comments on Facebook:
*Deborah Harmon - I remember how much Rachel adores you. She always believed you an elect lady. I wholeheartedly agree. 
*Mandi Burrell - Love all those little humans!
*JaLayn Edstrom - Your amazing
*Tenielle Honeycutt - You look gorgeous in all of these pictures. I honestly can't tell which is your first and which is your last pregnancy.
*Neil Furniss - Thank you, thank you I adore each one of my grandchildren.
*Jenni Radford - I love that perspective Heather Ann Avery Furniss! Thanks for posting!
*Denise Sutton - You make it look so easy. You are an amazing momπŸ’“
*Sandy Reddish - I think every mama feels this way. Thank you for being so real. you are a beautiful woman!
*Michele Furniss - You are such a good mom. I love your whole family. have a great Thanksgiving.
*Shelly Paterson - You've always been beautiful! And I love this post!
*Angie Avery - Your very pretty Heather! I love this post!😁
*Shelley Furniss - We are thankful for your beautiful children we are able to love and spoil. Thanks
*Deborah Summers - Great post about a great Mom!

November 24th: 
I am grateful for music. Music can make me run faster and farther. It can calm my crying baby. Music can bring tears to my eyes or a smile to my face. It is the best way I know to teach anything. ABCs or prepositions. It is no wonder our Heavenly Father uses music to teach us some of the most important lessons. "I Am a Child of God" "I lived in Heaven a long time of go it is true", "Heavenly Father are you really there...pray he is there, speak he is listening, you are his child." "Family's can be together forever through Heavenly Father's plan" and so many more. #givethanks

Comments on Instagram:
*Jenni Radford - I love this! πŸ’“
*Shelley Furniss - So true
*Rachel Charter - Heather i love your posts. πŸ’“

November 25th:

I am so grateful for all the many small details in God's creations. When I take the time to stop and really notice the world around me I know that it could not have just happened. I know that a loving Heavenly Father created this world and all things in it. I am grateful and amazed at all the small details that make our world so beautiful and let me know that even when going through trials we are not alone. If God put so many details in small things like grass, leaves, snow and flowers I am sure he is taking care with the details of my life. #givethanks

Comments on Instagram:
*Sarah Weber- Beautiful!
*Mandi Burrell - Love the perspective and the pictures!
*Jenni Radford - I love reading your perspective! πŸ’•
Comments of Facebook: 
*Shantelle Avery - I love this, especially the last sentence. Thanks for sharing!
*Jordelle Lovell - So precious!

Also, my sister-in-law Angie wrote a really nice post today including me as one of her give thanks days.


I am grateful for my sister-in-law. Since my mother in law's passing she truly is glue that tries so hard tohold the family together. She also, in my life, takes the place of Mom a lot by listening to my endless Mom questions and is a guide that I often look to see if I'm on track with life. Thank you Heather for being you. #givethanks

Comments on Facebook:
*Heather Furniss - πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“thank you Jakob An Angie Avery I think you give me to much credit. Thankful for you as well.
*Rachel Hebdon - Heather is amazing. I have not had many opportunities to spend time around her but I have always been impressed by the gentle grace and strength that she carries herself with. 
*Krystell Johnson - She's truly amazing and an angel. I am so impressed with Aunt Trish's family and how you all have stepped up and stayed close. Love you guys!
*Kathie Sweet - I agree! I have always been impressed with the beautiful bonds of family they share!πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“
*Marion Avery - Heather is awesome. πŸ’“
*JanaLee Hatch - She is a rock. Love this

November 26th:


I am thankful for my family. For my grandparents, aunt's, uncle's, and cousins. For my wonderful parents who sacrificed so much for me and my brothers and sister who understands me more than anyone else. For my father and mother in law, brothers and sisters in law and nieces and nephews.

More than anything I am grateful for these kids who call me mom. That they love me and teach me every day. For the most amazing man I tricked into marring me. He keeps my crazy in check and makes me better than I ever could be on my own. #givethanks

Comments on Instagram:
*Heidi Beck - You guys are the cutest family.
*Wendy Lee - Such a sweet, fun, family love you guys so much.
*Naoma Avery - πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“




No comments: