Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Happenings

What a fun Halloween week we have had. I will just give you a quick overview.

Monday: Ethan and I were invited over to Tammy Lovells (a lady in our ward) home to make applesauce with her and her daughter-in-law. She was so kind to give us her apples and help us make applesauce at her house, and make us lunch. All I had to bring was jars and she gave me eight jars of her own because we made more than I thought we would. What an amazing person she is. Ethan had fun playing with Tammy's grandson. Besides enjoying the applesauce I enjoyed talking with some adults!


Tuesday Evening: I made apple crisp from the few apples we grew on our tree. It was so good. I usually make apple crisp from apple pie filling, but these were some good apples and did not need the extra sugar. We also painted pumpkins. No knives this year with Ethan. We had so much fun that we painted both sides. Here are some pictures.




Thursday: I had a friend from the ward Jordel Lovell and her son come over. We made Halloween cookies and pumpkin bars. Once again Ethan got to play with a friend and I got to chat with another adult. We took the treats around to my neighbors when we were done.


Friday: Jeremy's work always dresses up for Halloween, or in this case the day before. Jeremy was a pirate this year. They have a costume contest (I don't know who won) and they also have a chili cook off, (We did not win the chili cook off, but we tried). The last two hours of the day they invite the families in and the kids go trick or treating to the offices. Ethan was a little overwhelmed by all of the people dressed up. He mostly wanted Jeremy's sword. People loved our costumes, and I was just glad you could tell what we were. I am not very good at making things, but it worked out. Because it had snowed that morning and was still very cold we did not go to Boo at the Zoo as planned. We came home and watched Vertigo. A few photos of our costumes. Jeremy and I were pirates and Ethan was our parrot. Ethan never will hold still, so we don't really have a good photo of him.
Saturday: Ririe had a chile and Soup dinner fundraiser to help our a family in our ward who got injured when their house burned down. After that we took Ethan to the comunity trunk or treat. He would get excited and start running then just stop and stare at all for the costumes. He got tons of candy, but would have been happy with the first sucker he got. We went home and handed candy out to trick or treaters and watched the Haunted Mansion. Then enjoyed an extra hour of sleep. Happy Halloween.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Halloween costumes are awesome!!! You did an awesome job! Looks like you had lots of Halloween fun!

Carlin said...

Your costumes are so great!!! You are the prettiest pirate I've ever seen:) Did you make Ethan's too?! You are amazing!

Danica said...

I love the parrot. So dang cute!

Jeremy and Heather said...

Yes, I made the parrot.

Shelley Patterson said...

So you ended up being a "whore" for Halloween, huh? :) I still can't get over that. Ethan sure made a cute parrot!

stephanie said...

Heather you guys look wonderful! I absolutely love the parrot! So cute and clever. :) Ethan is a adorable.

Krystell said...

Aboslutely LOVE your theme!! Too cute and fun. Thanks again for inviting me to your blog.