Thursday, October 22, 2009

Michele's Wedding Day

Jeremy's sister Michele got married in the Idaho Falls Temple on Saturday the 17th of October. It was such a nice day and we really enjoyed seeing a lot of family. The day before Michele's wedding Jeremy came home sick, but insisted that we go down to Pocatello to visit with family anyway, so we did. Half way there I realized I had forgot my temple recommend. We decided that we would go to Pocatello any way and go back home early the next day to get it. We were so happy to see Jeremy's Grandpa and Grandma Merrill, Aunt Kimberlie, Uncle Sal, Uncle Lee, Aunt Sharron, and Cousins Krystal and baby, Cristal (Two cousins named Cristal), Karli, Caleb from New Mexico and Lacey and Larry and their two little girls Kaylee and Sandy from Utah. We had dinner then went to the church to decorate. They had rented all of the decorations, so it went up really fast and looked nice. That night I did not sleep well because I was so worried about getting my temple recommend. We left Jeremy's sister Wendy's house a little after seven to go home. We got ready and I got my recommend. It was nice to see the Furniss side of the family at the temple. Wendy's sister-in-law Dannel was nice enough to watch Ethan while we were in the temple. The sealer said some really great things. I really liked when he said to have JOY you have to put Jesus first, Others second, and Yourself last. I also thought it was good advice when he talked about not always getting along with your new family right away, but if you try over time you can grow to like everyone. Michele put the ring on Brandon's right hand at first, but she got it with a little help. The rest of the day was visiting with family, photos outside the temple, the luncheon, reception and taking down all of the decorations. The day was really great. Michele looked beautiful and in love! Brandon could not take his eyes off of her. What more can you ask for.

1 comment:

wendy lee said...

Heather I feel so bad that you weren't able to sleep well and were worried about your recommend, it was so nice having you guys stay here, I loved staying up late talking. I am glad you are a part of our family.