Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

We had a really fun Easter this year. Saturday it was snowing and blowing, so we did not take Ethan to the Easter egg hunt in Ririe like we thought about. We just stayed home and enjoyed general conference together. After the Saturday afternoon session we got the eggs out to color. Ethan liked to dip the eggs in the dye and then lick it off. I know sounds gross, but he did it over and over again.
We did finally get them all colored and then came the best part. He got to put stickers on them all by himself. Here are all of the eggs finished.
Easter morning Ethan work up and he found all the eggs that the Easter Bunny left him. He also was very happy with all the things that were left in his Easter Basket. It was fun to watch him get excited when he would find an egg. Holidays are so much fun with little kids to get so excited. It just makes me smile to watch him.
For breakfast we has sticky buns (monkey bread) then watched the rest of conference. I made my first really big holiday dinner, (ham, twice backed potato's, homemade rolls, corn, and deviled eggs) I think it was good, but that is just me. We hope everyone had a happy Easter!

3 comments:

michele said...

I like reading about what you guys have been up to. Ethan is so much fun. I'm impressed with the dinner that you made. I bought a ham, but I had Wendy warm it for everybody.
I like everything that your brother brought you from Mexico. I like the top of the dress also and think you should wear it whenever you want to.

Anonymous said...

What a great Easter for you guys. Ethan is a cutie and all grown up now!

Shelley Patterson said...

How fun! That's awesome that you made that big meal. I did my first big one this last Thanksgiving. It was sure stressful, but lots of fun too! I'm glad Easter went well.