This was the first year we went to the Idaho Falls parade. Let me just say NEVER AGAIN! It starts at 9 a.m. unlike the other parades in the area that start at 10 a.m. We had to walk a long way to get there. Then we found a spot behind the ropes to watch the parade. Just to have people come and stand in front of us, so that we could not see. The parade lasted three hours in the hot sun. I could go on, but I won't because no one want to read complaints. Lets just say we will be going to another parade next year.
I really do love the 4th of July and always get chocked up listening to all the patriotic music, seeing the flag and armed service men/women. With all that is wrong in our country I still feel so very blessed to live here. God truly has blessed American and we pray that he continues to do so.
Back to what we did for the rest of your day. We took the boys to have pizza for lunch. It was nice to get our of the sun and get some food. Then it was back home to take naps. Mom and dad included.
That night we went to Freemon park to watch the fireworks in Idaho Falls. We had never been here before to watch, but we really liked it. We could see the fire works. Not as many people, and lot of grass and shade. Some members of our ward saw us and invited us to sit with them. It was kind of nice. Their girls took car of the boys and Jeremy and I got to enjoy visiting with out worrying about what Ethan and James were doing. The fireworks were nice as always. The best part about were we went to watch is we just drove out. No traffic at all. The only time we stopped is for stop lights. So Nice!
11 years ago


2 comments:
If you would let us join you next year for the fireworks we would love too- I've been nervous since the loosing Cody incident but we decided we wanted to try it again since we love the IF fireworks so much. Love your posts, sorry the parade was a bummer.
Sorry I guess I was somehow signed up with Mandi's google account but that last message was actually Wendy.
Post a Comment