Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Grace's Blessing

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 we were able to bless our sweet baby girl Grace Ann Furniss. We were so grateful to have almost every member of our family there to support us.

 As I was in my bedroom that morning with just my little girl getting her dressed in the blessing dress my mom had made for me to wear on my blessing day out of leftover fabric from her wedding dress I could really feel my mom there. More than any other time sense having Grace. Of course this brought lots of emotions and some tears. I am so grateful to have felt my mom on this special day, but really just wanted her to be there in person. I just wanted to see my mom love on Grace and how happy she would be to see her in the dress she had made. That it fit her perfectly, and was beautiful on Grace. 

Jeremy gave Grace a really nice blessing. It started with telling her that she was really close to her Grandma Trish. (Yep, the tears started to come and did not stop.) He also blessed her to be worthy to serve a mission and to get married in the temple some day among other things. When he talked about the temple he mentioned how special it was to be blessed in the dress made by Grandma Trish out of her wedding dress, and to strive to some day go to the temple. I know my mom is still involved in our lives, just wish it was in a different way. 

We enjoyed the rest of church and then a yummy dinner at our house. Thanks to everyone for coming and bringing food. We love you all. 

These are a few of the pictures we took of Graces blessing day. 

3 comments:

Mark & Shayla said...

Grace is such a cutie. How special to have her blessed in the dress you wore and that your mom made!

wendy lee said...

Absolutely perfect, both Grace and her special day. Thanks for the great get together.

michele said...

Heather,
I need to stop reading your posts at work because I keep getting teary-eyed. I had such a nice time on Grace's special day. She is so beautiful.