I have really learned to love Thanksgiving. I have always liked it, but as I get older, (I am really not that old just so you know.), I really love it. We get to take time to really think about how blessed we are. Life is not with out its trials, this year particularly, but there are always things to be thankful for. Also, it is a holiday full of family and food, whats not to love about that.
The only thing I am not liking is that Christmas is trying to over take Thanksgiving. Don't get me wrong. I also love Christmas, but really it is getting out of controls if you can't even take a whole day to give thanks for what they Lord has given you. I may not get as good of deal, (actually I probably did shopping on line or even a few weeks after black Friday. Did you know that for the last two years electronics have been cheaper two weeks after black Friday?), but I still love the people I give gifts to. I hope my kids, family and friends don't think I love them less because I did not go out on Thanksgiving to buy things on sale for them. I know I don't judge how much someone loves me by what they got me. I hope I am teaching my kids that time spent together is more important than the things we give them. I know many of you my family and friends will not like me saying that including my husband. (Also, this is the reason I will not write to much more about my feelings on shopping on Thanksgiving that is called part of black Friday.) Just so you know when Jeremy goes out on Black Friday I tell him things he could get. I figure if he is going out anyway he might as wall pick up a few things for me. Also, so you know he goes on black Friday, not on Thanksgiving.
Okay, back to Thanksgiving.
On November 10th we had the Neibaur Family Thanksgiving Dinner. I kind of dread going to things on my mom's side of the family. It is just really hard with out my mom. I don't know why I dread it. I am always so glad we went and really have fun. I guess it is just not the same with out my mom. It was also nice to show of our sweet baby Grace to my family.
November 18th was the Boise Idaho temple re-dedication. I am so glad we were able to participate in this. Even if Jeremy and I had to go to different dedications. I really could feel the spirit and I felt like my mom was there.
November 19th we used our free bowling passes for family home evening. I think Ethan was more interested in a motorbike in the arcade, but we had fun. I won!, so that made it even more fun. I was getting James ready for bed that night and asking him if he had fun. He shook his head yes. I asked if he was good at bowling he shook his head yes again. Then I asked if he was strong to lift the bowling ball. This time he flexed his muscles and growled for me. I guess that is a yes.
November 21st brought a funny story that I am actually going to write down. I never seem to remember to write these things down. Ethan and James were playing in the garage while I was feeding Grace. I herd James cry then saw Ethan come running in. I asked Ethan what happened, and if he had hurt James. He said "No I did not hurt James. I looked away then looked back and my shadow was spanking James then it pinched James. My shadow is bad huh mom, but I'm on the good list." Funny boy. I told him he had to be in control of his shadow and get them both on the good list. He likes to blame things on his shadow when James is not around or when it is something that he has done to James. If he can he blames it on James.
November 21-24 we were in Lava for Thanks giving. My sister Tami and I made a wreath to take up to the cemetery for my mom. I think it turned out nice. We had Thanksgiving dinner at my Grandma Avery's house with almost all of my dad's family. And yes we all spent the whole day together, eating, talking, playing games and going on four wheeler rides. We did not even look at black Friday adds. We simple enjoyed the moment we were in and did not worry about shopping for Christmas. (Okay, I am really done this time.)
Saturday November 24 we left to spend some time with Jeremy's family in Pocatello. We invited Tami to come over because she was home alone while here husband Jayson worked. We also had a nice time with Jeremy's family Saturday and stayed until after Church Sunday.
11 years ago


1 comment:
My shadow can be naughty too :)Love that Ethan, it was nice to read about the neat things you have all already done for this Christmas season and Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment