We had a really nice Easter. The whole week before we tried to focus on the Savior and the Atonement by reading from the scriptures and singing songs that went along with this.
Saturday morning we took the kids to the Ririe community Easter egg hunt. The kids got lots of eggs and even some prizes.
After dinner that night we colored our Easter eggs. James was trying to color them as fast as he could. He would put it in then pull it right back out and move on to the next one. Grace just tried to eat them and even bit right through the shell of one of her eggs. Ethan on the other hand wanted his eggs to be very "vibrant." he would make us set a timer for each egg so it was in the dye for at lest one minute. It is fun to see how their age and personality affect even the simplistic of things.Sunday morning we woke up to fine that the Easter Bunny had filled our Easter Baskets with lots of candy and fun swim things. He also had hidden our Easter Eggs. We had a lot of fun, but had to hurry to get ready for church. Jeremy and I got the kids new Easter outfits, but Grace had almost outgrown hers from the time we got it. She looked like all legs. It did not help that she never hold still. We could not get Ethan to just smile in a picture. He always had something funny he wanted to do. What a boy. James was all smiles this time, so one out of three is not bad.
After church we had my sister Tami and her husband Jayson, and my brother Kyle and his wife Shantelle over for Easter dinner. I think it turned out good if I do say so myself, and I do. I made sweet baked ham, baked garlic mashed potatoes, rolls, deviled eggs, and jello and Kyle brought a salad. I think my mom would have been proud. Although Ethan still tells me "Grandma Avery is the best cooker. She made all my favorite foods." I am glad he has that memory of her.
Then it was time for our Easter story "The Easter Walk" and we went on our Easter scavenger hunt to find things that represent the true Easter story. It is nice that we now how a little nature path by our house. It worked perfect for this.
We finished our Easter celebration with Tami showing us how to make some cure Easter Bunny cars.



1 comment:
Cute! Ok, I want a copy of the "Easter Walk". That would be fantastic...would you mind? my email is: krystelljohnson@gmail.com
Post a Comment