Sunday, October 11, 2020

Zoom Primary Program

 

Our ward has only just started to go back to church in person, and we are split in two groups. So half of us go one week in person and the other half watch on Zoom then we switch the next week. Because of all the restrictions with COVID we had to do our Primary program as a Zoom meeting. It was fine, but we missed being in person and feeling the spirit that is there as we worship together. 

Here are the kids parts. Kind of sad that Ethan is out of Primary and not participating this year. James wrote his own talk with Jeremy and I's help.

Gavin Furniss, Theme: Come unto Christ and be perfected in Him. 

Grace Furniss, Scripture: Moroni 10:4 

Talk: James Furniss 

This year our Come Follow Me lessons have been from the Book of Mormon. Even though we have not been able to go to primary and learn my family has been reading and studying at home. 

We read in the end of the Book of Mormon that we must come unto Christ and be perfected in Him. One way to help perfect ourselves and our families is by daily reading from the Book of Mormon. The lessons taught in the Book of Mormon will bless and perfect our lives and our friends and family. 

Communicating with our Father in Heaven through prayer also helps perfect us, brings us spiritual power and a strength found in no other way. We should pray both morning and night as a family and by ourselves. When we finish reading the Book of Mormon we should pray and ask God if these things are true. Just like Moroni asked us to do in Moroni 10:4. The Holy Ghost will answer our prayer, but only after we have done our part and read the Book of Mormon. 

Sometimes I get caught up in the perfection part of the promise. I worry that I can never be perfect. I have to rely on faith. That through repentance and the power of the Atonement, my weakness can be made strong and sins I’ve repented of can truly be forgiven. 

I feel like the Come Follow Me lessons my family has done together at home has helped me learn and understand the Book of Mormon better. I know we can all come unto Christ by hearing his words through the scriptures and through the atonement we can become perfected. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen

No comments: