James and Gavin are Wrestling this year. We did not have a great experience when Ethan Wrestled in 1st grade, so we were not excited about them Wrestling, but we did not want to refuse them the opertunity. They love Coach Matt Yearsley and this year was better than our last experience. We did not have them go to all of the tournaments, but we did go to the Ririe tournament. Our whole family was able to go.
Gavin lost his first match in the last round when he was pinned. This brought a few tears, but he got back in there for his second match and won by points.
James lost his first match by points. He got a bloody mouth because of his braces. He also had a few tears, but got back in there and won by pinning his opponent in the first round.
I took Gavin and James to the Bonneville tournament on my own. I was braver than I was when Ethan wrestled years ago and made sure to find Coach Yearsley to help coach my boys. Thankfully no one else was wrestling at the same time as Gavin so he was able to coach and all but one kid in James' group were from Ririe, so he coached them all.
Gavin pinned his first opponent for the win in the first round but lost the second match by points. James lost both of his matches by points.
This is still not our favorite sport. Gavin says he wants to wrestle again, but I am not sure James will. We will see what happens. I am proud of the boys for trying something new and glad we let them try.


No comments:
Post a Comment