Thursday, December 29, 2022

Ski School

 

The Ririe School District usually does ski school, but decided this year not to this year. Grace was so sad as this was going to be her first year to get to so. We decided to give her lessons over Christmas. Not the same as getting to go with her school friends, but the best we could do. Jeremy decided I should also take lessons, so I am trying it out as well. 

Day 1 - Lessons were on the Bunny Hill. Grace and I stayed for three hours after lessons skiing on the bunny hill.


Day 2 - My group made it up the lift and down skiers lane once. I did not fall getting off the ski lift and only three times on the way down. big improvement from when I went with Jeremy two years ago. Graces group was still on the bunny hill. Grace passed the test to go up the lift, but 4 our of 6 of the kids in her group did not, so they stayed down. We only stayed for an hour and a half after lessons skiing on the bunny hill. We decided to grab food at Heise Pizza on the way home instead of in the lodge like the day before. 

Day 3 - Ethan and James came up to snowboard today. This was James' first time snowboarding and I was nerves about him not taking lessons, but he picked it up really well just following Ethan. Most of our time with lessons was spent on Skiers Lane. Grace did amazing. I was not done when her lessons ended, so her teacher actually talked to the boys. They said he was really impressed with Grace and thought we must be a big skiing family. He was surprised when they told him I was just learning and that Jeremy hardly went at all. she pass doff level, 1, 2 & 3. We skied for another two and a half hours with the boys. I never fell on the ski lift and managed to make it down the hill twice with out falling and the rest of the time only falling once. Grace was amazing and so daring. Unfortunately, Ethan and James went on a different run than us the last time and James had another snowboarder hit him. Ethan did not notice and left him. James was quite upset. Thankfully not hurt to bad. We ended by stopping and getting food at Hiase Pizza again. 


No comments: