Thursday, July 2, 2009

One Year Old

My baby boy turned one year old on Sunday. I can't believe it. What happened to my little baby? He came into this world so little and unable to do anything but eat, sleep and dirty his diapers. 21 inches long and weighing 7 pounds 2 onuses. Boy has he grown. He is 17 pounds 3 and a 1/2 ounces, (I know he is still really small), and 29 1/4 inches long. In just one year he has learned to Smile, Roll over, Sit up, Crawl, play with toys and play games like peek-a-boo, clap, talk up a storm, (Jeremy and I can even understand some of what he wants through pointing and other gestures), He can walk, and many other things. This year has been a time of great learning on my part. I can't say I have loved every moment, because there have been some moments I really have not liked, (sleepless nights, uncontrollable crying, teething, etc. You moms and dads know what I am talking about). I can however say the bad moments have been worth the reward of being Ethan's mom. I just I have loved seeing Ethan learn and grow. I love when he lets me cuddle with him, (This rarely happen, because even when he was very little he has been very alert and aware of the world around him). I love big hugs and smiles from him, and I love how wonderful I feel when I think the Heavenly Father trusted me to have such a perfect little boy.

For Ethan's birthday both sides of the family got together to have dinner and then watch Ethan open gifts and eath cake. These are a few pitcures from his 1st birthday party.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ethan!!!

Shelley Patterson said...

Super cute. Time goes by way too fast, doesn't it?

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday to Ethan! I was thinking it was time for his birthday, but I don't think it was on the myfamily website, or else I just missed it. Yeah for being 1!!