Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

Friday we drove to Lava after Jeremy got off work. I love summer and getting there before it is dark outside. We of course visited and enjoyed my moms cooking, because it is always better when my mom makes it.

Saturday we started out playing outside with their dog Scooter and jumping on the tramp. It made me really wish we had big shad trees that I could sit under while Ethan runs around. In the early afternoon we headed to the swimming pool for our first swimming trip this year. Thanks to my sister for getting us all into the pool free with her free passes she earns as part of her pay for working at the sunken gardens. For a Saturday it was not that crowded an
d we had fun splashing in the water. Ethan really liked playing on the stairs where he could touch. I could not go down the slides because of being pregnant, but the others did and said it was fun. Ethan even liked going down the little kids slide. (I have to tell you this funny story. We got tot he pool and Jeremy had not brought a towel. I was giving him a hard time about not remembering. Then I got into the dressing room and realized I only had the top of my swimming suit. You can go swimming with out a towel, but not with out both pices of your swimming suit. I had to drive all the way back to my parents house to get it, and I picked up a towel for Jeremy. I felt really dumb!)

After swimming my sister, mom and I went over to Arimo to my cousin Krystell's Bridal Shower. It is always fun to be with family and exspetually for such a fun celibration. We played fun games, watched her open gifts and had yummy treats.

Ethan had just woken up from a nap when we got back. The swimming really wore him out. He was going to go on a four wheeler ride while were were at the shower, but never woke up. Lucky for him Grandpa Avery was still willing to take him on one that night. We ended the day by making dutch oven chicken and potato for dinner.

Sunday was Fathers day. Jakob, Angie, Jeremy, Ethan and I all went to church with my parents. (Kyle and Tami went to the singles branch). We gave my dad a few gifts for fathers day just because we love him so much, and headed out to My Grandma and Grandpa Neighbor for dinner. It was nice to see everyone. My Grandma is so funny. I know I must really be getting big when she asks me if I am sure I am not having twins. I look pretty big she tells me. She also told me I should have this baby on the 11th of September instead of of the 18th. The 11th is her birthday.

Finally we had to say goodbye and head back home. It was a very busy and fun weekend.

1 comment:

Shelley Patterson said...

How fun! That was a really funny story about your swimming suit and the towel. That sounds like something I would do. I'm glad you guys had a great time!