Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

We had a fun and busy 4th of July weekend. After Jeremy got off of work on Friday we drove down to Pocatello. His parents were nice enough to watch Ethan, so we could go to a movie (Robin Hood).

Saturday we went to Jeremy's nephew Tanner's baptism. We are really proud of him for making the decision to become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later day Saints. Ethan took a nap after the baptism and we got ready to head up the Idaho Falls for the big fire work show. Some of Jeremy's family were staying in a motel and let us hang out with them. Ethan and Jeremy played in the pool for a little bit, but not long. it was not a warm day and the water was freezing. Ethan had fun splashing around anyway. Then we hung out on the Green Belt until it was time for the fire works. Jeremy's nephew Cody got lost. It was scary, but luckily Jeremy's mom found him. We had to move when the show started because a tree was blocking the fire works and we left the radio, so no music. The show was still good. Ethan thought it was cool for like a minute then just wanted to run around. The worst part of watching the fire works in Idaho Falls is the crowds after. This year I thought we did good. It only took us and extra half hour to get home. Ethan was out as soon as we got in the car.

Sunday we enjoyed church and a very relaxed day at home. We let Ethan stay up late and set off a few fire works that we bought. They were only small ones, but he loved them. Each time we set one off he would be there with us to light them then run back to watch. When it was over he would say WOW! Our neighbor came over and set off some bigger fire works that we got to watch. His wife did not want him to set them off at their house. Ethan really got into the sparklers and loved running around with them.

The video will not upload, so you will just have to enjoy this photo and know Ethan was super cute with the sparklers.

I love the fourth of July. I think it is a fun time to just enjoy family, food and our freedom. I know our country has its problems, but I also know there is no other country I would want to live in. Even with the problems we have it is truly a blessed country. I know that our founding fathers were truly guided by the Lord. I hope and pray that we can continue to have leaders in this country that the Lord will be able to work through. I am so very grateful for all the men and women who have and continue to serve to protect us and our freedoms. I blame this on my Grandpa Neibaur, but I get teary eyed every time I stand for our flag, see a soldier, or hear a patriotic song played. I love this country! May God continue to bless it and may we be worthy of those blessings.

1 comment:

Shelley Patterson said...

I think I'm a lot like you- I get really teary eyed when the flag goes by, or when I'm singing songs about America.
Ethan is such a cutie. I'm glad he loved the fireworks.