Monday, July 12, 2010

Merrill Reunion

We just got back from a fun five day's in Island Park. Jeremy's mom's side of the family all came up from New Mexico for a family reunion that we had at Henry's Lake. Ethan and I picked Jeremy up after work Wednesday and we drove up. It was nice to see everyone. My allergy were acting up, but for the most part I enjoyed camping outside.
Ethan playing in the kiddie pool

Thursday Jeremy's cousins from New Mexico went to Yellowstone, but we just enjoyed the sun and swimming in the Lake. It was such a nice day I could not believe we were at Henry's Lake. That night we drove over to Big springs to see the fish, but there were not very many. Ethan still enjoyed throwing them bread. I became a nice dinner for the mosquitoes, but thanks to the Benadril I am taking for my allergy they did not itch to much.
Singing along to Grandpa Merrills Guitar

When we got back we sat inside the cabin and enjoyed listening to Jeremy's Grandpa play the guitar and sing. It is always fun to sing along. I had the most heavenly nights sleep and did not even notice my allergy.

Friday we rented some jet skies to play with on the Lake. Not that I could go fast or anything being 7 months pregnant. Ethan liked his ride, but I think he enjoyed looking at all the funny creatures in the shallow water after he got off more. Jeremy's Grandpa took the Jet ski out with his aunt. Who would have thought he would be the one driving the only time this week that we flipped a jet ski. They both fell off and some other jet skier came over to see if they were okay. I am sure as crazy as they had been driving and then flipping it over that they would find teenagers, but no it was a grandpa. He was so sure that he would not get wet that he had his long pants and shirt on, so he was socked.
Ethan and Jeremy after riding the jet ski

Jeremy and I took the paddle boat out for a spin. Man that was a work out on my legs. Just as we had finished dinner the storm that I am so use to seeing at Henry's Lake hit. It riped up our tent and we were rushing around to get all of our things inside the cabin. I guess we will be buying a new tent. Lucky for us there were extra beds in the cabin. Ethan threw up later that night, but seemed to feel better after he threw up. Unfortanatly that night was not the best for him or me. It was so hot in the cabin that I could not sleep. Ethan woke up and would not go back to sleep. I finally took him down stairs and got him some food. I think he was hungry after throwing up all of his food. We finally got a few hours of sleep.

Saturday was a cooler day. Jeremy went golfing with his dad and two of his brother-in-laws. This is the first time since we have been married, but he said he did okay, not great, but better than he thought he would after all of that time. While he was gone all of Jeremy's sister, girl cousins and I made T-shirts because so many of us are pregnant
Wendy(8/25/10), Me(9/18/10), Dalea(9/28/10), Krystal(12/1/10), Jill(12/22/10), (Lacey was unable to come, but she is due 12/29/10), Mandi (1/7/11), Michele (hopes to get pregnant soon), Lesha (Done having kids)
I know that I am the only one who looks pregnant and I am not the one who is the farthest along. Someone forgot to tell them what it looks like to be pregnant.

We took pictures after lunch.
This is everyone that came to the reunion this year.

We had a pinyata for the kids. Ethan was first and he tapped it once then was done. I don't think he really knew what to do with it.
I am trying to get Ethan to hit the pinyata a second time.

Half of Jeremy's family got ready to leave after that. Just in time for storm number two. This one was bigger and had lots of rain and hail. One of Jeremy's parents tents got completely torn apart. We got the other tents dropped and their things inside before they got ruined. After the storm passed we tried to use the jet skies before having to return them. I think we were ridiculous because the ground was covered in hail and I was wearing a big sweeter just to get in the lake with the jet ski. There is something wrong with that picture. Later that night Ethan fell down the stairs from the top I felt so bad, but he seems to be okay. I am not sure what happened. He had been up and down the stairs many times, but I guess he tripped or something that time. Everyone slept inside that night.

Sunday we got up and went to church with Jeremy's sister Michele and her husband Brandon. It is always interesting to go in Island park because there are so many different people from different places. We came back to the cabin and everyone was gone, except Jeremy's parents. We helped them finish cleaning up then headed for home. I think we were all exhausted, but it was fun.

3 comments:

Shelley Patterson said...

How fun! It looks like you guys had a very eventful time there. I can't believe how many of you there were that were pregnant... that is awesome! And you look great by the way.

Jen said...

The typical "tent" story from Henry's Lake. We have ruined more tents there! What a hassle, huh? But it makes for great memories!!!

Jen said...

Ps that was Jenni Radford :) I don't know why it only signs me as Jen.