Monday, September 3, 2012

Furniss Family Reunion

This year instead of going to Henry Lake in Island Park for Jeremy's Furniss Family Reunion we headed down to the Haber Girls Camp in Utah. We had such a great time. The camp is really nice and well ran. We enjoyed some really good food, and I loved only being in charge of one meal and just getting to come eat the rest of the time because others family's were cooking.

Our boys loved playing in the woods, chasing chipmunks (squirrels as they called them) and even seeing some deer that came right into camp.

We had our own Olympic games. Jeremy was the blue team, Ethan was on the yellow team and I made my big contribution to the purple team. Our Olympic games consisted of tug of war, sack race, relay race, volleyball, Hoop throw/kick, and bingo. I thought it was so fun to have things to do that made all of us be involved. In case you are wondering I participated in all of the events. That was probably a disadvantage to my team.

We also got to do two different big challenge courses, and several smaller challenge courses. Jeremy was the only one in our family to do the first course. The first course you had to climb up a poll walk across a rope then zip line down. The second one was a big swing were your team pulls you up then you pull a rip cord and go swinging down. Jeremy and Ethan were able to do this one. Because Ethan is not five he only got to go up half way. That was fine with him. At first Ethan did not want to go, but then after seeing someone else only go halfway he said he wanted to do it. I am glad he decided on his own. I am not good at making my kids do things when they are crying and saying they are scared. James and I were not allowed to do ether course. The smaller courses were all team building activity's.

 On our way home we stopped at Dairy Keen for lunch. They have a train that runs around the store. James thought it was really cool and kept saying choo choo.

2 comments:

wendy lee said...

Ethan was so brave and he looks so cute like a little lumberjack. I agree it was lots of fun.

michele said...

I love to see your pictures and read your experiences. Your boys are growing up so fast.