Jeremy took the week of Christmas off, so Ethan and I got to have him all week and we loved it. The Saturday before Christmas we finished up some last minute Christmas shopping. Sunday Jeremy was part of our Christmas Sacrament Program and we both gave our Christmas lessons in Primary and Young Men's. Monday we were planning to make some food for to take to Jeremy's sister Wendy's for Christmas, but we were snowed in and I needed a few things from the store. Jeremy got them Tuesday morning and we did our Christmas cooking. When that was all done we left for Lava to my parents house. That night we made Christmas cookies and decorated them with my family. Wednesday was Christmas Eve and we were able to talk to my brother Kyle who is serving an LDS mission in Mexico. He sounded great and we really enjoyed talking to him. After talking with Kyle my Grandma and Grandpa Neibaur stopped by and we got to visit with them. Jeremy then helped my family with some of the farm chores and I went to see my Grandma Avery.
Finally we headed to Pocatello to Jeremy's sister Wendy's house. On Christmas Eve we ate soup bowls and had a Christmas program. Our nativity was a little different. Ethan got to be baby Jesus and we had a Marry, but not Joseph, one shepherd and two wise men instead of three, but it was still cute. 

Santa came and the kids were all very excited, except for Ethan. He did not really know what was going on. He mostly watched everyone else open gifts. Ethan was really cranky over Christmas. I think he was a little sick and out of his routine. We did have a nice dinner and played some games on Christmas. Jeremy mostly played with his nephews on the Wii. It was like he was a little boy. We only saw him when they insisted they come and eat.

The day after Christmas the girls did their craft. I do not have a photo of that yet, so you will have to wait. We also played more games and ate more food. That night I got sick. Well I had not been feeling that good all day, but it really hit that night. I mean this is probably the sickest I have been since I got married. It is really not fun to be away from home and be sick. I am still trying to completely recover from that.
Saturday morning we headed back to Lava and had a relaxing visit. Ethan opened his presents from Grandma and Grandpa Avery and his Uncle Jakob and Aunt Tami.

We also went to Church with them on Sunday. It was finally time to head back home. The roads were slick, but we made it and as Jeremy said "Now we need a vacation from our vacation." We loved seeing our family, but our glad to be back home to rest.
We took this photo to send to my brother Kyle in Mexico. The sign said Merry Christmas and Happy New Year if you cant read it.
We took this photo to send to my brother Kyle in Mexico. The sign said Merry Christmas and Happy New Year if you cant read it. 

1 comment:
Looks like so much fun!!! Sorry you got sick. That is never fun being sick and away from home. Hope your feeling better.
Post a Comment