Monday, July 25, 2011

4th of July Weekend

Our fourth of July weekend was so fun. We started it off on the first when Jeremy's sister Wendy and her family cam up and we went to the Rexburg Splash Park together. Ethan always likes to see his cousins, and this year he actually got in the water and went down the slides. James on the other had did not love the water. It was really cold water. 
 The next morning we headed down to Lava to visit with the Avery's. Ethan got to open more birthday gifts. (Thank you, Thank you!) Part of the gift was a really cool sprinkler that shot plastic balls out, so we spent some time playing with that in the back yard.
 That night we had yummy stakes on the grill. One of my favorite things about summer is all the good food.

On the third we drove up the The Range, (property my family owns in the mountains in Lava.), after church.We had my Grandma Avery and some of my aunts, uncles and cousins brother, sister and parents there also. We cooked hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire and just enjoyed each other and the peaceful area. Ethan really loves being outside and this year wondered off a few times. Luckily we took our dog Cowboy with us. I would just call him and then he would come to me and take me back to Ethan. The were never really that far, just out of sight. Cowboy seems to be very protective of Ethan and needed to be were he could always watch over him. After talking to Ethan about not wandering off Ethan told me "Mom, I just wanted to walk." What a funny boy! James also seemed to really like getting dirty. When it was time to go Ethan wanted to ride in the back of the truck, because he is still to young to ride by himself I also rode in the back of the truck. I remember how fun I use to think this was when I was young and Ethan really liked it too.

 Finally we made it to the Fourth of July. We started the day by driving over to Soda Springs for their parade. It was a good small town parade and with the help of aunt Tami Ethan got lots of candy, money and necklace.

 After the parade we found this empty lot in town filled with all of these purple flowers.
 Soda has such a fun celebration in the park with lots of games, blow up toys, and rides. All for free. The down side is the lines are crazy long. We let the boys play on the toys and ride the train, but that was it. James was tired and ready for a nap, so we drove back to Lava.

 Oh, I forgot Ethan found Super Man at the park. So fun for him. He is really into super hearos right now.
 
We grilled hamburgers for dinner then watched the Lava fire works. Not bad for such a small town, and they have the very cool waterfall that no one else has. It was really impressive this year. 

To finish off our night we light off our own fire works. the favorite are always sparklers.

 
The next morning we had to pack up and head home, with a quick stop in Pocatello to say hi to Grandpa and Grandma Furniss. We had such a fun Forth of July. What a great way to say Happy Birthday America! Even though our country is far from perfect I still am so grateful I live here. May God continue to bless America. 

1 comment:

wendy lee said...

I love all of your posts, cute pictures I havn't seen and an update on all you have been doing. (Love the picture of Zorro oh I mean, Ethan and Cody- so cute.)