Monday, July 18, 2011

Furniss Reunion

Off to Rupert, Idaho we went for the big Furniss family reunion and anniversary party of Jeremy's great-uncle and aunt. We only stayed a few hours, but they had lots of yummy food to eat. I really wanted to post this photo of Ethan.
This is Ethan with his cousin Cody. Notice the Zorro Mask. Ethan found it in the car when we were leaving the house. I had day camp a few days earlier. The scouts were given the masks and one of them must have left it. Ethan wore it all day. When introducing ourselves to long lost relatives they would say "Oh, your son is the one with the mask." Yes he is!  

I love how Ethan knows what he likes and does not like, and really does not care what others think. (If Ethan does not like what I have dressed him in, he will just change as soon as I turn my back. Some times frustrating, but I love that he knows what he likes. And I love that at such a young age he has a strong will and determination. Although, this quality means we are bunting heads already and will only get worse I am sure.) I want him to stay like this as long as possible. 

I know slowly he will start to do and wear things because it is what others are doing and he will want to fit in. All kids do to some extend, but I hope he will hold on to some of his individuality and strong will. I just hope Jeremy and I are teaching him good things so this individuality and strong will is a good thing, and helps him make (and stick with) righteous decisions as he grows. 

1 comment:

Mark & Shayla said...

I agree with you. Its hard sometimes but I am so glad that my boys have a bit of stubborness in them so they want to make their own choices.